Ebay Sellers Delivery dates:

jcut6405
Community Member

I recently had a purchase, where the seller had a estimated  delivery date which was not met, when I enquired I was informed they were away, and the Ebay ad had been flagged.

I looked at the Ad and yes there was a small print note high on the left hand corner of the ad, whilst the estimated delivery date was clearly evident in bold large print. below the item for sale

As a result I cancelled the order as instead of having to wait 7 days to receive it would have been 30 days.

This was an annoying waste of my time.

Why does Ebay allow absent sellers to list and item for sale with an Estimated delivery date prominently shown, when the seller has no intention of meeting this delivery time.

Why is a seller even allowed to list on Ebay at a time when they are away and cannot despatch the goods as advertised on the Ebay site.

I believe Ebay needs to have a look at this practice, if they wish to retain their buyers.

Message 1 of 76
Latest reply
75 REPLIES 75

Well well well

Apparently , if you believe ebay's blurb when I just left someone feedback for an item they bought last week

Tracking shows this item was delivered Fri, 26 Jan

Apparently

(Dear ebay, we both know that was a public holiday)  Cat LOL

Message 71 of 76
Latest reply

They regularly seem to be a day behind. Quite a few items we've picked up on a Friday show as having being delivered the next day - a Saturday.

Wish AP did deliver weekends.

Actually, wish they delivered at all - we get mail twice a week & no parcel delivery, everything over large letter size has to be picked up from the post office
Message 72 of 76
Latest reply

Yes I have had the same problem. The SELLERS should be held responsible or poor or some cases no action at all when they completely ignore sending paid items on time. Ebay also have a duty to ensure there policies are adhered to. Not be like the sellers and ignore the buyers bought items.

Message 73 of 76
Latest reply

This thread has not seen the light of day for over 4 YEARS.  Please check dates before dragging something up and not really adding anything to it.

ETA's are purely Guesstimates inserted by Ebay not the seller.  Rarely do they ever mean much.  It is an estimate only.

Message 74 of 76
Latest reply

Why do you believe sellers should be responsible for the estimated delivery date that EBAY put in (as explained numerous times)

Or for delays due to Australia Post issues?

Please kindly explain how you expect sellers to control and change these things

eBay give you the tools needed if items do not arrive by the time that EBAY guess they will

Have you used them?

You have time to drag up a four year old thread, you have time to get basic facts right

You say ebay have a duty to ensure 'there' (sic) policies are adhered to but you seem to have no clue what those polices are

Message 75 of 76
Latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 76 of 76
Latest reply