Ebay cancelled sale, paypal won't refund

I bought something BIN yesterday and paid straight away through paypal.  Today I got an email from Ebay loss prevention saying that they have cancelled the sale, that I should not purchase the item and if I have already paid I need to "act quickly to get (your) money back".  There is a spiel about paypals buyer protection.

I logged onto paypal and couldn't cancel the transaction.  I called paypal and they basically told me tough luck, they are not reversing the transaction, I can go through the dispute process and wait 11 days for the seller to respond blah blah blah.

How is this fair when ebay has cancelled the sale themselves and deleted the seller?  I asked the seller questions about the item and they replied promptly and politely so I had no reason to think they are dodgy...100% feedback.

If ebay decides themselves to cancel a sale then the buyer should be entitled to an immediate refund if they paid through paypal. Why should I have to wait and be out of pocket because of them??

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Ebay cancelled sale, paypal won't refund

Just in case you still do not understand; PP call centre  operator cannot cancel the payment.  You need to make claim as Sparlez said.

Click on the My eBay link up right on this page > Purchase History, on the right of the item there is drop down menu >select RESOLVE DISPUTE > and do item not received > leave it for few days, then when the option is there, escalate  to claim.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 11 of 21
Latest reply

I hate them. I ordered a CD on 8 Jan. It was cancelled due to unavailable stock. I was then told to accep tthe cancelation request. Before that, I contacted seller, he issued refund, but refund not received. Refund sent on Jan 12. I hate eBay and i'm never shopping here again. REMOVED is a stupid useless **bleep** and she caused this problem. She needs to be fired. Bleep you, REMOVED from eBay. You suck. Refund did not go through. eBay has no customer service. 

Message 12 of 21
Latest reply

@sna-4293 wrote:

eBay are idiots. I hate them. I ordered a CD on 8 Jan. It was cancelled due to unavailable stock. I was then told to accep tthe cancelation request. Before that, I contacted seller, he issued refund, but refund not received. Refund sent on Jan 12. I hate eBay and i'm never shopping here again. ******* ***** is a stupid useless **bleep** and she caused this problem. She needs to be fired. Bleep you, ******* *****  from eBay. You suck. Refund did not go through. eBay has no customer service. eBay sucks nuts.

HI, sorry to hear of yiur dilemma. Please just wait another day or two and your refund should  be in.

Yes, it is annoying. It sounds like the selleer is taking order for stoock that is  despatched from another address. If this is the case, chances are that they don't own the stock.

See how it turns out tomorrow or Friday.

Message 13 of 21
Latest reply

Refund has now gone through and I appologise for my nasty comment. Sorry, Destiny Haris. I think you are a good worker and are doing your best to keep eBay a safe place to buy and sell. I will send you a copy of Hello's new album, which I bought at Mills Records yesterday to use as a drink cost. They have a new album out now, but only one copy isknown to exist, and Mills Records gave me $10.00 just to take it.

Message 14 of 21
Latest reply

I just discovered naming and shaming is not allowed here. I'm sorry for disclosing the name of the worker. The name has been covered up by stars by eBay automaticly.
Message 15 of 21
Latest reply

Thanks it all has gone through.
Message 16 of 21
Latest reply

Yet again you've dragged up a 7 YEAR OLD thread....................original.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 17 of 21
Latest reply

@sna-4293 wrote:

Hey that's great! I'm glad you have your refund now. Sometimes it pays to wait just a bit longer. I know that it can be annoying at times. Anyway, hopefully your future purchases from now on will be smooth.

Have a great evening.

Message 18 of 21
Latest reply

@4channel wrote:

@sna-4293 wrote:

Hey that's great! I'm glad you have your refund now. Sometimes it pays to wait just a bit longer. I know that it can be annoying at times. Anyway, hopefully your future purchases from now on will be smooth.

Have a great evening.

..........and I hope that sna-4293 will stop dragging up old threads to add mostly irrelevant information.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 19 of 21
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

@4channel wrote:

@sna-4293 wrote:

Have a great evening.

..........and I hope that sna-4293 will stop dragging up old threads to add mostly irrelevant information.

rofl.gif

Message 20 of 21
Latest reply