Ebay cancelled the listing?

I received this from Ebay, but have tried to contact Ebay about this email but to not avail???? why was this cancelled please.  No reason as to why my Purchase was cancelled, just got this?

<REMOVED FOR PRIVACY>
Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

cq_tech
Community Member
Chances are that it was a scam listing, and if you've already paid in the interim, you should probably lodge an INR dispute with Paypal.
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Ebay will never give you a reason for removing a listing but looking at the item it is a pretty sure bet that it was a scam listing if it ever existed in the first place.

Do not pay for it, or if you have paid open a dispute immediately to get your money back.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Was it a multiple item listing from 0 feedback seller /SCAMMER ?

One of the numerous daily fraudulent listings for non existent items  ?

You're lucky it's been removed  so you can open a dispute now and get a refund more quickly than if you'd waited around  for a non existent item to arrive in the mail.

ebay has let thousands of dollars worth of fraudulent listings for non existent ipads go through recently.

They've been reported when live and reported when completed.

ebay has done nothing about the listings or the scam IDs.

If you've already paid, log on to Paypal and see if you can cancel your payment. If you can't, open a dispute immediately and escalate to a claim as soon as the system allows.

Beware of spoof/phishing emails you may receive. Don't open them and don't click on any links.

Run all your spyware , keylogging and virus protection and change all your passwords regularly

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Here's an example.

http://tinyurl.com/lazdkam

All of the top multiple item  listings from 0 feedback IDs  are SCAMS.

Ebay even recommends / suggests these FRAUDULENT listings  on the right hand side of the page under

Popular > See Suggestions

Shame ebay shame !

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

In the last 2 hours since my last post yet another lot of FRAUDULENT ipad listings have gone through completed even though they were reported  while they were live ,twice by me and possibly other members.

ebay did nothing.

10 x $99.00

10 X $159.66

11 X $139.00

10 X $97.00

I wonder how many of those buyers will never return to ebay again and tell their friends about their bad experience.

I wonder if they know their details can now be  passed around to criminals all over the world.

This hurts all good sellers.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

It hurts potentially good buyers too.....how many of them never come back?   And how many established buyers like me are buying less and less on ebay unless it is from sellers I know and trust.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

None of the reports seem be acted upon,shok.gif

It's the same with the high end TV scams.

One is about to finish where the seller is in the Russian federation and is going to send it at free postage using

USPS Priority Mail International.

It's at US $1,425.00 and has had 135 bids from mostly low feedback buyers.

They've also included:

If you want to buy it right now, we can deal via PayPal, and I will provide a big discount. Or you can make bids on the auction. Feel free to contact me with your price proposals)

But off course T & S can't see anything wrong with it,stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

That auction has over 30 members bidding on it and all but five are low feedback buyers,(so how many of those could be sucked in by fake SCO's or off eBay deals?).

How many of them will warn others to stay clear of this site because of the scams?

So how many of those members may never be back and buy from genuine sellers,pardon.gif

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

You were lucky. I paid for my IPad air from this seller and now have an open paypal case waiting on a refund. This scumbag ruined my daughters birthday. This Was to be her birthday present and now I'm down over $300 dollars and no gift until paypal refunds my money which could take up to 30 days, try explaining that to a 6 year old. This IPad was never going to be shipped, we got scammed, this seller is a THEIF and a LIAR. I sent 4 emails requesting delivery date before the listing was removed with NO response. Beware sellers with zero feedback. Hope this makes you feel better you weren't the only one to fall for this scam. Mel

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

an iPad Air for $300? Aren't they generally $700 - $1000?

There is also the old adage "if it seems too good to be true, then it probably is".

Sorry that your daughter's birthday didn't have the gifts you wanted in time.

@melissa2322melissa wrote:

You were lucky. I paid for my IPad air from this seller and now have an open paypal case waiting on a refund. This scumbag ruined my daughters birthday. This Was to be her birthday present and now I'm down over $300 dollars and no gift until paypal refunds my money which could take up to 30 days, try explaining that to a 6 year old. This IPad was never going to be shipped, we got scammed, this seller is a THEIF and a LIAR. I sent 4 emails requesting delivery date before the listing was removed with NO response. Beware sellers with zero feedback. Hope this makes you feel better you weren't the only one to fall for this scam. Mel

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 10 of 11
Latest reply