Ebay has gone to **bleep**, they do NOTHING to stop scammers

Ebay has gone to **bleep**, it does nothing to stop the scammers who pretend they are located in Australia, but are shipping directly from China, never meet the stated delivery times and blame "post office" even though the couier company tracking information clearly says they have no sent the item (only the paper work, this obvisouly ticks a lot of people.)  Also using couriers that allow them to include tracking data from the supplier own warehouse, so they can put false enties that the item is being processed at facilty. (Sortation, lol, was the name of the warehouse on one).  When checking with the courier, they give the real information that they still don;t have the item yet.  Just paperwork......

The other scam ebay does nothing to stop is listing a $1 item, but once checking the item is over $20, but I can but a piece of **bleep** for $1.

This note is just to let you know Ebay, that its over, I used to love you, but its been going downhill for a couple of years now.   Ebay your dumped, and I'm seeing other girls...  

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I'm sure Ebay won't really care, if you decide to actually complain to them. We can't help you as we are only other buyers and sellers like you on here.

Many people have made complaints similar to yours but Ebay don't really care. You could make it easier on yourself by seeing where a seller is based to see whether they are likely to be posting from Australia. Where they are registered can easily be found on their profile before you choose to buy.

Latest reply

So why post your rant here instead of contacting eBay?

Though, having said that, I am delighted you are leaving

One less person keeping these dodgey sellers in business

You choose to buy from sellers in China, you get stuff from sellers in China. Simples

Bye, Felicia

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

My problem that Ebay is not getting on top of, is misdescribed items. Even what appear to be Australian sellers dont check items before listing them. This is a real pain in the butt. You can't believe anything in ads. Ive been caught on misdescribed pumps, spray guns, bags and now a block and tackle - all chinese goods. Even if it is a mistranslation on the part of the Chinese, the retailer (and Ebay) should check what they are putting in Ebay ads. Its not up to the Buyer to be an unpaid QC officer. It is also very inconvienient and time wasting. Also the Ebay website guarantee should be separated from a Return request. If Ebay wants to ruin its name its going the right way. We bought the block and tackle to lift between floors and it doesn't do that - a total waste.  This misdescription is a scam and at worst fraudulent.  Ian

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

@6477ianw wrote:

My problem that Ebay is not getting on top of, is misdescribed items. Even what appear to be Australian sellers dont check items before listing them. This is a real pain in the butt. You can't believe anything in ads. Ive been caught on misdescribed pumps, spray guns, bags and now a block and tackle - all chinese goods. Even if it is a mistranslation on the part of the Chinese, the retailer (and Ebay) should check what they are putting in Ebay ads. Its not up to the Buyer to be an unpaid QC officer. It is also very inconvienient and time wasting. Also the Ebay website guarantee should be separated from a Return request. If Ebay wants to ruin its name its going the right way. We bought the block and tackle to lift between floors and it doesn't do that - a total waste.  This misdescription is a scam and at worst fraudulent.  Ian

It is up to the buyer to do some level of due diligence. Like seeing where a seller is registered. Which is on the same page as their feedback rating.

If you choose not to check either, then, frankly, you deserve what you get.

eBay is an eCommerce platform, not your grandmother.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

@thack251 wrote:

Ebay has gone to **bleep**, it does nothing to stop the scammers who pretend they are located in Australia, but are shipping directly from China, never meet the stated delivery times and blame "post office" even though the couier company tracking information clearly says they have no sent the item (only the paper work, this obvisouly ticks a lot of people.)  Also using couriers that allow them to include tracking data from the supplier own warehouse, so they can put false enties that the item is being processed at facilty. (Sortation, lol, was the name of the warehouse on one).  When checking with the courier, they give the real information that they still don;t have the item yet.  Just paperwork......

The other scam ebay does nothing to stop is listing a $1 item, but once checking the item is over $20, but I can but a piece of **bleep** for $1.

This note is just to let you know Ebay, that its over, I used to love you, but its been going downhill for a couple of years now.   Ebay your dumped, and I'm seeing other girls...  

Ebay isn't the same as it used to be (which in the beginning, was basically Australian mum & dad sellers of small bits & pieces, sort of like a garage sale but online).

But what it has been, right from the start, is a platform for thousands of different sellers. These days, a lot of them are professional sellers and yes, the site has been flooded with Chinese sellers.

The problem of misleading item location is an ongoing one and it annoys quite a few buyers. Ebay probably hasn't done enough to fix it.

It doesn't mean you have to dump ebay completely for other online sites, you can double date.Smiley Happy

All it means though is you just need to take a bit of care which sellers you buy from. I've been buying Australian over the last few years and had all good experiences (touch wood), but I do check feedback before I commit.

The other thing is not to take any nonsense. If an item doesn't arrive by the due date or within a couple of weeks of it, open an item not received claim. No proof of delivery, you should win it and get money back.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Hello,everyone. To be respectful is very important in your interaction with other members here. I'd like to remind you that content that is harmful, hostile, threatening, abusive, baiting, vulgar, defamatory, harassing, or includes hate or racist speech, name calling, or profanity will be edited or removed. Please read about our policy here: https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Community-Feedback/Updates-coming-to-eBay-com-au-Discussion-Boards/... Thanks very much. ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply