Ebay made for scammers

rb30dett
Community Member

So Ive been scammed several times over the last few weeks, Ebay doesn't help at all infact Ebay seems to go out of their way to protect the scammers.  I have 2 purchases now that have not arrived and are past delivery date but I can't get any assistance from Ebay not chat helpline no money back guarantee nothing.  My advice is avoid Ebay.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Ebay made for scammers

Seller can't close down an account for 6 months after the last activity. If they have been closed down before that, it's ebay's doing. 

I doubt given your attitude that anyone here is going to help you any more. 

Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

Ebay made for scammers

@rb30dett wrote:

Explain to me how after the item has not arrived on time (4weeks after paying) I am unable to request help from ebay? when i start the item didn't arrive claim I get an automated its on its way message and nothing else? explain how after putting this up yesterday within a few hours I was able to raise a claim through ebay?  Like I said several scammers lately the previous ones were sorted by paypal without any assistance from ebay.

------------------

At first I thought you must have waited more than 30 days past the estimated due date of the item, because with ebay, you have to open the claim within that time.

I don't think ebay protects scammers, buyers just have to know how the system works and go through the proper procedure.

But you say you can now open a case. I have read that sometimes Friday in USA is their tech tinker day and suddenly some things on ebay can stop working or be faulty, then if you wait a few hours, they right themselves. It sounds as if that may have happened to you.

As you said though, if your time for an ebay claim had passed, there is paypal to fall back on, so you've got 2 step protection, which is way better than in the old days. But even in the old days, ebay wasn't 'made for scammers'. I bought and sold back then and I'd say 99% of us were honest. Of course there are some scammers around but they are everywhere, aren't they, whether it is on ebay or Facebook or newspaper ads etc. These days though, they are less likely to be on ebay because sellers won't generally make any money (in fact they are more likely to lose it) if they don't send an item or if they falsely describe it.

If you're having a constant problem with items not arriving, have a look to see if there is a pattern.

Are you constantly buying from China or overseas? Postage is likely to be really delayed at the moment.

Are you buying from sellers with a lot of negative feedback, or ones with no feedback and amazingly low prices on some new item you know is usually triple the price?

Message 12 of 12
Latest reply