Ebay money back guarantee a bad joke!

idss1
Community Member

I purchased a item which was damaged and returned it to the sender. After 4 days of communication the seller agreed to refund when the item was returned. So the item has been returned and NO REFUND! I provided ebay with the tracking and waited 2 days for a reply. The reply was to tell me they have sent me a email requesting further information, which they haven't! And to tell me they have put the case on hold for 10 days! WHAT happened to the prompt refund promised in their new guarantee? You can't open a case through Paypal if you have opened a case with Ebay... Just warning buyers, BEWARE!

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Ebay money back guarantee a bad joke!

If you wanted a refund because an item was not as described did you wait to send it back until ebay told you to? Did you provide evidence the item was defective? Did you wait to find out if ebay agreed the item was defective and the seller should pay for the return? If you paid for the return it kind of gives ebay the impression you had a change of mind, not that it was not as described.

If it was not as described then the seller, just as with Paypal, has the right to dispute that the item is defective when they get it back so that they do not have to refund in full

Have you called ebay to ask why the refund has been delayed?

Too any unanswered questions here..

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

The item was damaged and unusable. I followed the Ebay dispute process, which starts with communicating with the seller to reach agreement. The seller agreed to refund in full on return of the item. The seller has the item and has not refunded my money. So then you ask Ebay to step in, which I did. I provided Ebay with the tracking number, proving the item has been returned. 2 days later, Ebay sends me a message stating the case is on hold for 10 days, no reason given. I have contacted Ebay and have not had a response!

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

I am assuming you emailed them, good luck with that approach.

If you truly want to know whats going on then ring them or I find requesting a call back gets me a more knowledgeable customers service person also.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Maybe stop slow down take a deep breath and then continue. Dont expect ebay and Paypal to perform miracles, you are just one of millions of other people who buy and sell on ebay. I made enormous muck ups when I first started buying on ebay but now am much know knowledgable after over 2 years of continual buying on the site.
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

@michellebartley wrote:
Maybe stop slow down take a deep breath and then continue. Dont expect ebay and Paypal to perform miracles, you are just one of millions of other people who buy and sell on ebay. I made enormous muck ups when I first started buying on ebay but now am much know knowledgable after over 2 years of continual buying on the site.

Great advice michelle . . . . . could not agree more!

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

"If the seller offers a refund and doesn't issue it within 6 business days of the item's delivery to the seller, the buyer can ask us to step in and help for a period of 10 business days after the refund deadline has passed. "

That would be the reason for the hold, I would think.

Link > eBay Money Back Guarantee Timelines

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Me too never received an item worth over $400 seller never sent it, then wouldn't respond. Made an Ebay money back claim was told 24-48 hours it's been 5 weeks !! Case was found in our favour within a few days but just keep getting told 7-10 working days, it's a batch refund issue...same **bleep** every time I call. Absolute joke !! Should be done for false advertising !
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply