Ebay re-started emails for defunct searches (>8 years old)

Hi,

I am wondering if this is happening to anyone else?

Recently, Ebay has started sending me emails for listings for searches that I had and deleted, many years ago - more than 8 years ago.

They are no longer in my saved searches, as I deleted them years ago.  So I can't go and delete them now, to stop the emails, as they don't exist.

If I click the link within the email that says "disable email for this search" I get an error message (presumably because the search doesn't actually exist any more).  The error screen says "Input Error" - referring to the "Unsubscribe email" - which makes sense, because I haven't been subscribed to this search for many years.

But why on earth is Ebay starting this up now?  Im finding it extremely annoying to get >10 emails per day about searches that I deleted many years ago.

Any tips on how to stop them?

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Ebay re-started emails for defunct searches (>8 years old)

Well I like to think that I am special but I am not sure that ebay would agree with that assessment.Smiley LOL

Message 11 of 20
Latest reply

I think I may have discovered a way to stop the emails. Down at the very bottom of the email notification is the 'Disable emails for this search'.

search_email.jpg

and clicking on it takes you to:

search_email2.jpg

Message 12 of 20
Latest reply

I've just started getting these emails too for a couple of searches that I deleted over 2 years ago.

I had already tried clicking the 'Disable emails for this search' link (for both searches) as suggested by egglesdtp, and tried it again just now, but on each occasion I got the 'Input Error' message shown in my image.

One further annoyance is eBay's message, "There was an error in your input". I didn't input anything...I simply clicked on eBay's link!!!

GRUMBLE!!!  

Message 13 of 20
Latest reply

I have the same issue, clicking disable email for this search leads to an input error.  Hoping Ebay is will see how many users are suffereing with this and fix it soon.

Message 14 of 20
Latest reply

I don't suffer.....I just ignore them and delete from my inbox.  I don't get why it is such a problem for everyone.....annoying maybe but no great problem.

Message 15 of 20
Latest reply

Hopefully ebay fixes this soon. No way to unsubscribe!

Message 16 of 20
Latest reply

Happened to me too. A search I saved 10 years ago starts up again. When I went to check I had no saved searches at all but then I checked again a few days later and they all appeared again. so I deleted all the redundant saved searches that I had unsubscribed from years ago. Yet the emails keep coming. This is rubbish eBay, get your act together and fix this.

Message 17 of 20
Latest reply

I've just looked in eBay account settings, Communication Preferences and found a list of my saved searches, even though I have deleted most of them. Look for heading called "Saved" and click show.  Next to the saved searches is a drop down box for "Email frequency" and for the really old search which I have deleted it was showing "Real-time" as the frequency. I've changed this to none to see if that stops them. Will report back.

Message 18 of 20
Latest reply

My Communication Preferences saved searches list contains only my current active searches, not the old deleted ones for which the emails have magically started up again.

Message 19 of 20
Latest reply

This problem stopped for me soon after my previous post, and so far so good! Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 20
Latest reply