Ebay seller and also Ebay can't seem to work this problem out.

I will try and keep it simple.   i buy or better still want to buy 4 "manchester" items from the one seller.  Should be easy?  Put the 4 items in my cart.  I need invoice from the seller as I think that it will be a cheaper postage as all the 4 items I presume would be posted as one package now. i have done this many times and the seller sends new invoice with the revised postage.  i click on "send revised invoice" and what comes up is "seller does not offer bulk postage"  so you have to go and pay full tote odds on seperate postage on each item which adds up to $40....just from Sydney to Adelaide.  I email seller and she says no problems, do this .." You can send a request to ask for combining purchase from EBay".   I ask Ebay by phone, they were polite but won't do it and say seller has made a mistake on their listing.   Has anyone had this problem before.  Even in the listing it says "cheaper postage if you order more than one item" or something similar.  The seller seems to be a bit thick and can't understand what i am trying to tell her.  It is normally not this difficult to buy something.  am I doing something wrong?  

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

No, you are not doing anything wrong......neither is the seller.

There is a known glitch with the workings of the Cart function which has been happening since before Christmas to my knowledge.

I don't think I have seen anyone post a definite fix on the boards, but I may be wrong about that.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Thanks for your answer. I might try buying the items without using the cart and see if the "usual way" allows me to get a revised invoice. CHEERS and thanks again
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Yes, I am able to order a revised invoice from the seller by NOT using the cart. EBay should fix up this cart problem before they loose credibility.
CHEERS and I hope this helps other people
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

I'm glad it worked out for you.

When I had the problem before Christmas the sellers both had instructions for using the cart for multiple purchases so I did not even try to do a direct BIN.

In the event oif it happening again I will know what to do....thanks for letting us know the quick fix.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply