Ebay gift voucher

I have recenlty used a ebay gift voucher of $10. I made a purchase using the the gift voucher and the voucher was not honoured due to "techinal difficulties". Pay Pal did reimburse $10 cash into my account. However, I have just found out that my bank has charged me a $9 dishonour fee due to the purchase. I only had enough money in my account to cover the ebay purchase with the $10 gift voucher. Because the paypal account is set up directly to my bank account the bank honored the purchase and now have charged me the $9 dishonour fee.

If my gift voucher was to work as intended by paypal I would not have the problem mentioned above.

I would like paypal to reimburse me for the banks $9 dishonour fee.

I need help please.

Message 1 of 39
Latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Ebay gift voucher

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Good luck with that....it will never happen.

Message 2 of 39
Latest reply

Ebay gift voucher

en perhaps I should go to the media to warn others of the Ebay Gift Voucher blunders and how it will cost the buyer a lot more using gift vouchers if they don't work due to paypal's technical difficulties.

Message 3 of 39
Latest reply

Ebay gift voucher

I guess if  paypal dont reimburse the $9 dishonour fee my first point of contact to take it futher will be Leon Byner on Adelaide's 5AA radio station. He always gets very good results for the people that have screwed by corperations.

Message 4 of 39
Latest reply

Ebay gift voucher

If you think it will do any good then go for it.

Don't forget that paypal has already admitted to a glitch in the system and assured everyone that their vouchers will be honoured in April.

You were actually very lucky to be reimbursed the $10 as vouchers are not redeemable for cash.

I would cut my losses if I were you...paypal could not know that you were spending money you did not have.

Message 5 of 39
Latest reply

Ebay gift voucher

i did have the money, only enough to cover with the voucher! 

They are responsible for my out of pocket costs due to not being able to honour the voucher they intended for.

It's a straight forward case.

If the voucher had worked as intended by paypal none of my out of pocket cost would have occured. 

Message 6 of 39
Latest reply

Ebay gift voucher

your issue is with paypal - not with the seller - it would be kind to close the dispute you have opened to save the seller a defect.

Message 7 of 39
Latest reply

Ebay gift voucher

I have recenlty used a ebay gift voucher of $10.

the voucher was not honoured due to "techinal difficulties".

Pay Pal did reimburse $10 cash into my account.

my bank has charged me a $9 dishonour fee due to the purchase

so.... You are $1 in front?

Message 8 of 39
Latest reply

Ebay gift voucher

My goodness how slack to open a dispute with the seller. Another for the special list I'm afraid, Thanks for coming to the forums.
Message 9 of 39
Latest reply

Ebay gift voucher

twernt me!  Smiley Sad

Message 10 of 39
Latest reply