Ebay seller deactivated account

I just purchased item from ebay last week. And now the item was deleted and seller is no longer a member. As per our conversation, she will ship the item within 24hrs upon receiving the payment. Its been 4days now and Never heard from her. Got no way on how to contact her since she deactivated her account. Is this a scam? If so, can I get a refund? I already filed a dispute on paypal.
Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Ebay seller deactivated account

You will need to escalate the dispute via paypal to get your refund.

If the seller does not respond to the dispute with proof of postage you will be refunded.

The seller would not have deregistered them self as it takes a seller 120 non active days to become deregistered so ebay have removed them as more than likely it was a scam.

Some things should never be purchased via ebay and if something sounds too good to be true then it generally is.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

The seller hasn't deactivated their account, eBay would have deregistered them.

It looks like a scam to me. A seller with no recent sales history selling multiple items at a too good to be true price usually equals scam.

Escalate your PayPal dispute to a claim as soon as permitted.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Dispute was already escalated and just awaiting for her response. I feel bad because this is my first purchase on ebay and I've had this experience already. Btw thanks for enlighting me and I know the deal was too good to be true but I got enticed when she responded on my message right away and few people purchased that item as well. I just hope that she respond on the dispute.
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

If the dispute is already escalated it is now in paypal's hands.  Whether the seller replies or not you will get your money back at the end of 10 days at the latest.

If there is no refund in that time you can ring paypal and they will process it on the spot.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply