Ebay seller false advertisement of stock available

Hi there,

been watching an item which was priced at $1600, recieved a ebay notification that the price has dropped by $300 and there was a promotional voucher valid for a further 10% off dropping the price down to $1170. so i was quick to make purchase and was so excited

after 1 week of constantly contacting the seller with no response, they got back to me and confirmed they will be sending it out. few days later they NOW claim that the warehouse seemed to have made a mistake and is out of stock. which i ffind hard to believe

is there a way to report this ad for false advertisement? i want to punish the seller as they have horrible communication

thanks

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

You want to punish the seller ?

What if it is true ? Mistakes are made, even I make them. Smiley Very Happy

They could be O.O.S.

Just keep an eye on the seller to see if they relist.

image host
Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

I hope they refunded you

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

@david.nguyen7 wrote:

after 1 week of constantly contacting the seller with no response, 

Just out of curiosity... When did you first contact them, why, and can you clarify "constantly"? Like, are we talking once a day as soon as the purchase was made? 

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

BBL well there's room for 1 more lol

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

@collect247 wrote:

BBL well there's room for 1 more lol

Potentially, although from the current account I would say it would seem the seller didn't behave well in any case, but it's always good to have a clearer idea (if possible) of what might have transpired, if indeed there's a bigger picture to be gleaned, particularly given the intention and / or desire to punish. 

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

I would be interested to know if the seller reduced the price initially or was it ebay's doing.

I suspect the latter and the seller is not willing to let it go at such a reduced price.

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

im not sure to be honest but i recieved a notification for the items price has been reduced by #300. on top of that there was a black friday voucher which was valid.

i contacted them every day asking if i may get some sort of an update

the listing is now currently back to $1577 and still showing "5 available"

i am very certain they do not want to sell for that price

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

Take the refund.

The seller is in Hong Kong. There is a fair chance the phone is also in Hong Kong. This means if there is a problem with it, you will have to return it to Hong Kong, probably at your own cost. Also, consumer warranties aren't enforceable when the seller is not located in Australia.

Buy your phone from a real Australian business. That way you get an enforceable warranty and recourse if there are any problems.

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

ive asked them before purchasing whether the phone comes from AUS or Honk Kong.

it comes from their AUS warehouse in MELB

i really am not too fussed about warranty to be honest ive never had any issues with smart phones. ive owned heaps of different phones
Message 10 of 16
Latest reply