Ebay sends out $100 voucher then withdraws it

Well wasnt i excited to recive a $100 voucher from ebay!!
Only to have it withdrawn an hour and a half later due to an error by ebay (booo!!)
Lucky i did not try to use it as i was planning on using it tomorrow.
I wonder who else got a error voucher
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Such excitement, then the bit letdown. I don't think I'll bother with any more surveys.

I wonder if anyone used the voucher code immediately on receiving the email and whether it worked, at least once.

Message 11 of 33
Latest reply

Yeah, I actually posted on their Facebook page before I came here!

Message 12 of 33
Latest reply

eBay giveth and eBay taketh Man Sad

Message 13 of 33
Latest reply

I was not "lucky" enough to get this voucher but I did notice that the 20% discount at Dick Smiths and Bing Lee was withdrawn early.

It was supposed to be available till midnight on the 26th.

I decided on my purchases in the afternoon but waited till my OH to get home just to check that he agreed.  When I went to pay in the about 10.30pm the offers had gone.

Luckily I had written the code down so I put it in and it worked....there would have been h*ll to pay if it had not.

In future I will make quite sure that I make a note of any codes as soon as the offers appear.....tis is happening too often to be a glitch.

Message 14 of 33
Latest reply

It's tempting to try the code for this voucher, but I'm not game to in case it doesn't work and I'm up for the full amount.

Message 15 of 33
Latest reply

Yep...me too! Went to  bed working out what I was going to buy. Then this morning, disappointment. I had a long list of what to buy....oh, well.. back to the grindstone.

Message 16 of 33
Latest reply

I read emails in bed last night, even got out to go tell my son we had won a $100 voucher, we were going to buy a TV with the Bing Lee 20% off but we were not allowed to as our area isn't included in their delivery zone (it is on their website but not on ebay), so we didn't buy it.  I told my son we could buy it now from the good guys with the $100 off. He isn't going to be happy when I tell him we can't.

Message 17 of 33
Latest reply

I did try it and this is the result from app and full site

Screenshot_2016-09-27-20-56-43_1.jpgScreenshot_2016-09-27-21-06-10_1.jpg

*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 18 of 33
Latest reply

Perhaps we could start an "Item not as Decribed" complaint" to them?????

Wonder how they would deal with that?

Message 19 of 33
Latest reply

@glenbankloel wrote:

Perhaps we could start an "Item not as Decribed" complaint" to them?????

Wonder how they would deal with that?

Definitely! I also think negative feedback is in order, not to mention 1 stars for everything. As long as we don't mention a dispute they shouldn't have grounds to remove it :D.

I'm thinking not a huge amount of people received it, otherwise their facebook page would have lit up like a Christmas tree, but it seems there's only about half a dozen saying they'd received it via 3 main messages. I was going to leave a message but I knew what I wanted to say wouldn't  have been polite. I might still leave one later but as they've ignored the ones left, probably seems a bit pointless.

Bake, I wondered if something like that would happen. The item that's been on my watch list for ages is $320, so didn't want to take a chance with it just in case.

Message 20 of 33
Latest reply