Ebay

mous996
Community Member

Please can someone help me. I bought an Electric Scooter from a seller. I used it for a couple of weeks and it stopped working. I put in a return/refund for the item through Ebay. Subsequently the Seller agreed to send me a replacement and I closed the case. Sometime passed by and after a few emails they sent me a tracking number which when I check was not valid. 

Now when I log in, the item has dissapeared from my purchase history and I cant get Ebay to help me. The Seller is ignoring my emails. 

What course of action can I take as the amount is substantial to me.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Ebay

Why did you close the case before you were satisfied ?

You cannot re-open it once you close it

Have you changed the time period in the drop down menu under your purchase history to cover when you purchased?

It sounds like it is too long ago now for eBay to do anything, even if correct procedure had been followed, so I am not sure what to suggest

When you say emails, did the seller and yourself actually communicate via email rather than eBay messages?

Where is the seller registered and what is their feedback like?

What was the item number of the scooter?

I doubt the seller ever had any intention of sending a replacement at all

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Ebay

If you bought the item within 180 days from the purchase date and you paid by Paypal you can open a dispute in their Resolution Centre, or else if you paid by credit card you could try a chargeback - but try Paypal first, if you paid that way.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Ebay

Never, ever close a case until you have the desired outcome. Never be persuaded to accept a replacement as an inducement to close a case. Never be persuaded to send anything back at your cost either in order to get a replacement (unless it is a change of mind issue).

There's nothing to stop a seller from sending a replacement if they are genuinely going to and it is not contingent on whether a case is open or not.

If you paid by Paypal, open a case for Not as Described. You have 180 days to do so, as mentioned.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply