Ebays's Global rip off system.

Talk about paying through the nose. 

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@max-power-models wrote:

Perhaps take a glance at this thread, with input from other members it gives quite a lot of very useful information about the pros and the cons of the GSP :-

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/Global-Shipping-Program-put-into-perspective/td-p/2165256/pa...

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

@max-power-models wrote:

Hi  max-power-models. Sorry to  hear that you have encountered issues with this expensive (often referred to as a scam)   process.  Below is an example of one of the many hassles that people can encounter.

My latest experience with the horrid Global Shipping which was hiding under a stone (so to speak)
Options

‎08-08-2017 09:41 AM - edited ‎08-08-2017 09:43 AM

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/My-latest-experience-with-the-horrid-Global-Shipping-which-w...

The good news is that in most cases decent sellers are happy to re-list their auction with USPS First Class International or the UK equivalent. Some sellers have no idea that their auction has defaulted to GSP. With the current situation in the world today, you may find sellers wanting to gget more sales.ell, it was just the other day that I was offered 59% discount on an item,. Well and truly before all this Coronna hassle came into being, sellers were reporting significant increases in sales since they ditched GSP. I hope it works for  you and you're able to navigate around it if that's what  you want.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

I'm recording greater than average sales in-country. Less competition from foreign dropshippers and more potential customers with time on their hands. If that's also the case in the USA, there is a good chance US sellers would be in the same boat.

Not to mention the fact that with the international freight system in the mess it's currently in, the chances of INR claims would be greatly increased, thus making USPS an even less attractive option.

There are certainly buyers who think COVID-19 shouldn't slow their deliveries. Just read the boards for subjects other than GSP.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Cheers C4, even outside ebay, I purchased a decal sheet, and the USPS proirity service for a B5 sized item 50 grams, was close to $30 AUD.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

I had a parcel from QLD that nearly took as long as a parcel from the USA.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@max-power-models wrote:

I had a parcel from QLD that nearly took as long as a parcel from the USA.

Was that after it was posted or could it be due to the current crisis where sellers are self isolating and not posting as often? I'm only posting about once a week, will quickly drop in a parcel in between if I really feel the need to, where before I was posting every second day at least. Just a thought

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply