Enquiry for Jackets

reensing_6
Community Member

What if I purchase an item and it doesnt match the list and pictures.  If the colors is darker than the picture shown. Will i have to 

pay for postage if i return it? And do I get my money back

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Enquiry for Jackets

Computer screens or phone screens show differently to all.

Does the seller accept returns ?

Perhaps put the item number here and we can look at it then suggest whether you have a case or not.

Also tell us what colour your impression of the item is.

image host
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Enquiry for Jackets

@reensing_6 wrote:

What if I purchase an item and it doesnt match the list and pictures.  If the colors is darker than the picture shown. Will i have to 

pay for postage if i return it? And do I get my money back

What kopenhagen said.

The exact shade of a colour is hard to show in photos sometimes. If it is a bit darker than the photo, that isn't really a fault but if it is described, for example, as black and you get sent a brown one, then that definitely is not as described.

If the colour is what was in the description eg it says red and it is red, just you aren't keen on the exact shade of red, it's a fraction darker than you expected, then that is more a change of mind. If the seller takes returns (and not all sellers do accept returns for change of mind) then yes, you would have to pay return postage costs. You would then be refunded the original price but that may not include the original postage cost.

If the colour is clearly NOT as described though, if there is a major discrepancy and you can prove it ( maybe by taking your own photo as a comparison) then if ebay accepts that you are in the right, then the seller would need to pay the return postage and refund in full.

It is hard for us to say exactly what will happen here as we haven't seen the ad & we don't know exactly how it doesn't match the list and pictures. Is the colour the only problem you have?

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Enquiry for Jackets

Differences of opinion over shades of colour most definitely don't qualify an item as not matching the description.

To clarify, if a seller says an item is cream and someone who buys it thinks it's ivory, or beige, that doesn't count as not matching the description.

If a seller says an item is red and the buyer receives a blue one, then that does count as not matching the description.

If you read the terms and conditions for what makes an item "not as described", these kinds of scenarios are mentioned specifically, so if you feel an item isn't quite the same shade of a given colour, then as mentioned above this counts as a change of mind return, which not all sellers accept, but if the seller does accept them, most often the buyer is responsible for paying return postage and once the seller receives the item back, the seller will issue a refund of the purchase price (less postage and / or any restocking fee). 

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply