Express Post

Hi all,  I paid for express post for 2 books last Sunday and haven't recieved them as yet, I didn't really have a choice re the express post, it was all the seller offered..but I was fine with that.

I can't help now but feel annoyed but worried I might be being unreasonable in feeling angry in paying for something that was not forthcoming.  😞

Am I being unreasonable?   The seller says they were posted on Thursday but I'm in AP direct line and have never not recieved an express post the next day.

Thanks guys. Your opinions welcomed.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Express Post

Perhaps you could politely ask the seller for the item/tracking number, then check it out on Australia Post to see if it shows up as lodged, or where it is now. You never know!

Sometimes express items do go missing - it has happened to me.

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Express Post

sparkes9669
Community Member

I can't help now but feel annoyed but worried I might be being unreasonable in feeling angry in paying for something that was not forthcoming.  😞

Am I being unreasonable?   The seller says they were posted on Thursday but I'm in AP direct line and have never not recieved an express post the next day. 

It is not unreasonable to expect that the item be posted by express post as that is what you have paid for.  If it turns up as standard mail then I would mark the sellers postage DSR with 1 star.

But as it has already been pointed out sometimes even express post can become lost. As already suggested contact the seller.  The way they respond will give you a clue if there is a problem

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

Express Post

The seller says they were posted on Thursday but I'm in AP direct line and have never not recieved an express post the next day.

The seller may not be in the express post network zone which means it could take a couple of days to arrive.

If it was posted Thursday it should be there my Monday but you could email the seller and request the tracking number.

If it was scanned in at the time of posting it will be trackable on the AP site. If it wasn't scanned in at time of lodgement it will showing on the tracking site when it reaches the destination Post Office.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

Express Post

Thanks everyone,  I was actually a bit peeved that it wasn't posted till yesterday, when I bought them last Sunday..I would have thought if one only had the option of express post, the seller would post asap...like mon,tues, wed even..but not till Thursday seems a tad slack.  😞

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Express Post

The seller may not be in the express post network zone which means it could take a couple of days to arrive.

If that happens to be the case then  the seller has no right charging for Express Post?

I would be annoyed also with it only being posted yesterday if it was paid for on Sunday.

I agree with the others.  Ask for a tracking number.

Happy Braff, Happy Braff
JUST CALL ME BRAFF
Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Express Post

If that happens to be the case then  the seller has no right charging for Express Post?

Express will still be a lot quicker than regular post even if one or both of the members are not in a next day delivery area.

Some sellers use express satchels in the mistaken belief that they qualify for seller protection with Paypal.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Express Post

As a WA based seller I use express post 90% of the time.

Regular post from WA takes forever and I find my eastern states buyers are thrilled to receive their parcels quickly.

When using express post most of my buyers receive their parcels in two days. If using regular post many of them would have to wait a week or longer for their parcel to arrive.

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Express Post

The seller has supplied a tracking number but Australia Post tracking tool says 'no events found'. Would that mean it hasn't been scanned anywhere at all?  like..not even really sent even though the seller says it has? wouldn't AP have a record of it from the original PO?

The seller clicked the 'sent' icon Thursday, so I'm presuming that's when they sent it.

To me it doesn't seem adequate to charge for express post then not even post it for 4 days. Their address is Brisbane...which should be overnight.  I received a parcel from Kallangur which is thousands of miles,( outback Queenlsand) from me in 3 days normal post.

I know I'm having a bit of a whinge, but it's just annoyed me a bit..and needed a little input as I hate to go off at a seller without good cause.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

Express Post

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

It just means that it was not scanned in at a Post Office.  It could still have been posted in an Express Post box, so just wait till it arrives and see if there is anything showing on the package.

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply