FAKE GUITAR STRINGS

Why wont eBay stop seller of fake guitar strings there are hundreds of sellers. I know it's a stupid question.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: FAKE GUITAR STRINGS

@*sons_n_daughters* wrote:

Springyzone, when you mention the 99.5%, you need to clarify that that number is for high volume sellers. It's not uncommon for a small seller to have a feedback of 75% or 50% because they've only sold a couple of things and some impatient numpty as decided to neg them because their item didn't arrive a week before they bought it. 

My husband recently bought from a seller with feedback of (I think) 68%. Neg said "posted same day as payment. Took Australia Post 2 weeks to deliver it". Seller got punished because of slow delivery.

Yes, I agree and I know that. I was just taking a short cut, should have said high volume sellers.

But I did mention that ebay gives accolades that seem to be based on high volume sales, not feedback, so I hope rustyjoe got the picture.

The 'This is one of our most reputable sellers, consistently delivering outstanding customer service' jargon is (in my experience) never conferred on small sellers, it is reserved for the bigger players

Joe has a feedback score of over 1000 so I think he knows his way around ebay & I suspect his post was more an observation & frustration at what he is seeing on ebay, rather than the fact he is being caught out by the ads.

I have bought from big & small sellers who have had feedback scores well under 99.5%, with no problems. And where there is a likely problem, you can sometimes guess what it will be in advance eg once I wanted a book and I knew very well the seller must be drop shipping from all his neg feedback, even though he claimed it was in Aust, but I was prepared to wait a month for it.

His expected delivery date was a month off, dead give away. Most of his negs were (technically) probably not deserved in that I'd be sure people were getting their books in the delievry window, but people weren't impressed by the delay. So I was pretty sure I would get my book okay, but that it would be a wait.

Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

Re: FAKE GUITAR STRINGS

@sugar249 wrote:

Thats the problem,   people on here say 99.5% is acceptable,  not so,  it is what the feedback is,  you are still saying that 1 out of every 200 is a problem transaction, but that is ok,   but you also need to look at the neutrals,  as often these are border line negatives,  but dont show up in the percentages.

Buyers need to look at the percentage and actually read what the problems are,  not say that 99.5% is ok,  or that 75% is not ok.   It's not the numbers its the words,   but anything below 100 is to be investigated, and due diligence taken

Yes, I always look at the neutrals as well.

In fact, many times, some of the positives can mention minor problems. I can't say I read all the positives, but I scan the recent ones.

I think a big problem with feedback is a lot of buyers aren't specific enough.

I've often seen comments such as "Bad seller, avoid."

Which begs the question, why?

I have my own theory and it is that big volume sellers of cheap items, especially if you're buying from China-then don't expect the world or top quality. And avoid totally for some things.

I have lost confidence in ebay for some sorts of purchases, unless it is from a well known Australian retailer etc

Message 12 of 12
Latest reply