FAKE Ultrafire 18650 batteries again and again

Hi fellow scam targets.

I have been duped agan by fake 18650 batteries

Item id 321152773081

Advertised as 5000 mah but barely 350 mah ..on was 100 mah

I dont know why ebay does not do something about sellers like this

His response to my claim of fake product  was to be abusive ..not to test the item .

If somebody knows how to get good batteries  I would like to know

Thanks

Lindsay

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: FAKE Ultrafire 18650 batteries again and again

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Some things should not be bought on ebay.

Surely if you have been stung once you should not keep trying.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

That is not the point

Ebay have a responsibility here to protect the next person.

what about helping  the next guy who does not know

It might be your sister

apathy ....incredible

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Realism - entirely credible.

You are presumably not a seller, but how much of a premium would you be prepared to pay for the increased fees sellers would incur if eBay employed enough staff to vet every one of the several million listings uploaded every day?

Start at 100% and you would probably still be too low.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

@nikolatesla3 wrote:

That is not the point

Ebay have a responsibility here to protect the next person.

what about helping  the next guy who does not know

It might be your sister

apathy ....incredible

how does that saying go? . . . . . "fool me once . . . . shame on you . . . . . fool me twice . . . . shame on me"

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

Realism - entirely credible.

You are presumably not a seller, but how much of a premium would you be prepared to pay for the increased fees sellers would incur if eBay employed enough staff to vet every one of the several million listings uploaded every day?

Start at 100% and you would probably still be too low.

Maybe if ebay took action only against those sellers proven to be selling fake items might make it managable 

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

The main problem ebay have in policing counterfeit/fake items.

Very difficult to prove without the product in hand and researched info to the fact.

image host
Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

You somehow are defending fraud?

If somebody was commiting fraud in my house and I was told about it , I would ask them to stop.How hard is that ?

If ebay needs more staff then perhaps you could help them do something with these fraudsters instead of wasting your time trying to justify it .

It is a real problem that can be addressed search for "18650 battery 5000 mah" every single one is a fraud ..see it take 5 seconds so I imagine that they would not have to employ a team of highy trained specalists..even you can do it now  ..some how i think you already know.

This is my waste if time ..cheers   

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Just how do you suggest ebay police every listing? Are they meant to just take a member's word for it that an item was fake? If that were all it took I could report all my competitor's items as suspect and see them removed! Minor problem though, somebody else would probably have got in first and reported mine!!!

Responsible buying is what will stop the scammers, if it looks too good to be true it usually is and if an item is fake make sure you leasve appropriate feedback, always check out a seller's feedback and if it is any less than 99.5% for a high volume seller hit the back button.

There is a comprehensive list of things I would not buy on ebay, or any other auction site, unless I was prepared to lose my money. They include anything electrical, large or heavy from overseas.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

I don't think they are suggesting every single item be checked. I think they mean any complaints about the same person to be looked at seriously. Yes that is a big task to so to cut it down, how about working with Paypal and cross reference claims for fake items etc. It would have to be a little bit more intensive than that but it would be a start as it is rampart and some people just simply don't know.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply