Fake Tripp pants

I purchased a pair of Tripps for my daughter for her birthday but when they arrived they were cheap fake copies. Not genuine Tripps. I'm still in the middle of a Paypal dispute to try to get a full refund of purchase price and shipping. In the meantime I reported the item to Ebay as being a knockoff but they haven't removed it from the site. The seller also has a few other Tripp knockoffs in their shop. Does ebay not care any more if sellers make cheap copies of iconic brands to sell here?

Message 1 of 38
Latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Fake Tripp pants

Had you opened an eBay case for not as described they MAY have cared.

eBay can't be expected to take the word of one person reporting a listing.

Message 2 of 38
Latest reply

Fake Tripp pants

Yeah I did but the seller was refusing to budge so I told him I was going to open a Paypal case instead. I sent links to ebay with the genuine Tripp NYC website showing the exact pants the seller is copying. Still they didn't remove the listing.

Message 3 of 38
Latest reply

Fake Tripp pants

The seller does not need to budge if you open an eBay case for not as described

How did you send the links? if it was by email, then they will not be seen since the eBay email is simply a bot

You also need 'proof' what you were actually sent were fake, not just a website link to compare

Have you contacted the actual website in question and shown them this person's listings ? That could get action of it comes from them

Did the listing actually say they were Tripp rather than 'like' or 'unbranded' in the description?

They are not going to act on the word of one person without the proper proof

AND Have you reported the seller for leaving you false negative feedback?

That is a policy violation and MAY get them to look at the seller in other areas

Message 4 of 38
Latest reply

Fake Tripp pants

The seller said eBay would only make him refund the purchase cost, not shipping costs or return shipping which is why I decided to open a case with PayPal as well, not realising that eBay would close the case when I did that.  He also said he had no idea what "Tip" pants were even though his listing title says they're Tripp and he's used pictures from the Tripp website on his listings.
I reported the listing on the page where it says "report item" and put links to the genuine website as well as a detailed description of the item I received.

Message 5 of 38
Latest reply

Fake Tripp pants

The seller left positive feedback but it was written negatively.  I don't know if that's even reportable?

Message 6 of 38
Latest reply

Fake Tripp pants

Seller has terrible feedback. Many of us would never have purchased from them.

All you had to do was to open and follow through on a dispute for Not as Described. The seller would have had to either refund you, or send you the postage funds upfront if they wanted them back. It would have been a very simple process and you didn't need to communicate with them at all. Why did you take them at their word that Ebay would only refund the purchase price? Buyers are not responsible for return postage unless they change their mind.

Ebay is not responsible for sellers listings. Ebay cannot determine authenticity across it's millions and millions of listings. That's what the feedback system is for. 

If you have opened a case in Paypal, just make sure that it is for Not as Described. Do not close the case until you have a refund.

Message 7 of 38
Latest reply

Fake Tripp pants

eBay will remove that if you contact them.

Btw did you look at the seller's negative feedback prior to your purchase?

I would have hit the back button.

Message 8 of 38
Latest reply

Fake Tripp pants

Yes it is most certainly reportable

As I said, it is a policy violation

As a seller yourself, you would know buyers can only be given positive feedback (green tick and positive words)

Not a green tick with a neg comment 

"One of the worst buyer in the world left negative feedback for no reason avoid' is NOT positive 

The seller also lied to you about the postage 

Message 9 of 38
Latest reply

Fake Tripp pants

When I first opened the case with eBay they said I have to try to work it out with the seller and if that fails they would step in. Seller replied straight away being a complete a$$hole and since I've never had to deal with this sort of thing before I panicked and went to PayPal because I thought I'd have a better chance of getting the full refund with them.

Seller feedback is 93.5% positive with no negative feedback for that particular item and no feedback saying they're selling knock offs so I thought they seemed genuine enough. Lesson learned, but still the fake Tripps need to be removed so someone else doesn't have the same issue as I have.

Message 10 of 38
Latest reply