Fake XIAOMI 10400mAh Portable Charge Power Bank

Have purchased a Item of EBay seller. A XIAOMI powerbank . Checked on the XIAOMI website and it is 100% fake, fails all their checks.

Now, what worries me is I seem to have to return it to get a refund, the problem I have with this is this thing is fully charged and it seems the fakes have a habit of catchuing a light out of the blue. I doubt it would be defenceable sending through the mail if something did go wrong. I would be in deep manure, a place I would rather not be.

So what do I do?

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Hence the 'I think' Smiley WinkSmiley Happy

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

maybe a stupid question but what is stopping a buyer who has a false one already then sending that one back to the sender     and keeping the real one ,   how can the sender or ebay prove which one he sent .

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Just playing Devil's Advocate here.....the links are referring to Importing fakes and counterfeits where there are Customs involved.and the items will be inspected.

How is anyone in Australia Post going to know what is in any parcel posted in Australia....there are no declarations of any sort where you need to state that it is counterfeit?

Having said that, the OP has said that there is a known problem with the item he has to return....it is likely to burst into flames so would not be able to be posted as it is a Dangerous Good, rather than a counterfeit..

@crazyplacecostumes wrote:

http://www.ipaustralia.gov.au/ip-infringement/counterfeiting-and-piracy/

http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page5549.asp

I wondered how they would know too Lyndal. I've just spent the last hour trawling through the Aust Post site looking for any information on the carriage of counterfeit / fake goods. Only information I could find was for international customers. I couldn't find anywhere where it's illegal to ship counterfeit good domestically. I'm not suggesting for a minute that it's not illegal, I just couldn't find any information about it.

When I googled it, the only references I could find was from other message boards. There was nothing I could find on any official sites about domestic postage.

Does anyone have any links to show where it says it's illegal to post counterfeit items within Australia?

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

@joethenuts wrote:

maybe a stupid question but what is stopping a buyer who has a false one already then sending that one back to the sender     and keeping the real one ,   how can the sender or ebay prove which one he sent .

Definitely not a stupid question! There is nothing stopping a buyer doing that. Some buyers have done exactly that and got away with it because there is no proof. Even more so if the seller didn't have accurate photos (as in used stock photos for their listing).

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

OP,

Did you fully chrge your  "100% fake item", or did it arrive like that?

Either way, no matter - as you should have checked it out before buying if it's fake or not.

If it arrived fully charged, it obviously didn't catch fire, if you charged it afterwards - then you are stuck with it.

You are stuck with it anyway as you can't return the goods in the same condition as when received.

And - all this rubbish about "not allowed to post fake items" is usually only used for the convenience of the buyers, a cop out not to have to post something back. There is only one problem - if they want refunds and get it - that item no longer belongs to them, fake or not, nor it's their problem what seller does with it once returned.

They all clearly arrive to the buyers address, even if coming from overseas.

Customs couldn't give two hoots about individual items, not even several items, they would need to be huge containers  of fake merchandise.

And domestic postage - Australia Post doesn't care/know/know how to accertain what is fake and what isn't even if they opened every parcel for inspection - which they don't.

If I looked at the correct seller that you bought from - didn't see anyone claiming those chargers are fake.

And besides, what does it matter, for a small amount of money that you paid for it - who even cares. Just use it  as long as it's usable, when it dies, chuck it out and start again.

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply