Feed back

How can a seller continue to sell parts on eBay but never leave positive feed back for there

customers.

I thought it was compulsory for a seller to leave positive feed back once the customer had payed for the itiem.

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Feed back

One thing has always baffled me about feedback:

If, for example, someone buys 3 items (within a 7 day period) and leaves positive f/b it counts as 1 towards the seller's score (fair enough) - BUT if they leave a neg for each item it counts as -3 towards the sellers score.  So positives left by a buyer for items purchased within 7 days only count as 1 transaction but negatives left by the same buyer (within 7 days) count as 3 separate transactions.

Is this strange - or am I missing something?

Message 11 of 23
Latest reply

I think 1 neg reduces a score by 1 and more than 1 only reduces it by 1 but I may be mistaken.

TCT
Message 12 of 23
Latest reply

With regard to auto negative scores for buyers, I was thinking along the lines of after 10 days or 2 weeks of non payment. It would be quite easy for sellers to be able to manually mark in an item as paid for, if buyers paid by a system other than paypal, so it is not as if this negative score for non payment would be totally automatic.

I understand what you are saying, but at the same time, I think there should be some system that records it if people don't pay.

Message 13 of 23
Latest reply

Your idea is impracticable, possibly unfeasible and would be unpopular and cause problems - especially for sellers.

If you present it to ebay they are unlikely to seriously consider it after making it no longer possible to buyers to receive negative feedback a few years ago. They are not known for reversing their decisions or for taking much notice of members.

TCT
Message 14 of 23
Latest reply

Smiley Happy Don't worry, it was just my musings, I would never bother submitting any idea to ebay. I find that any time I asked a question or have made a comment in the past, I seem to get a 'form' reply instead of any evidence the person actually tried to respond to the issues raised.

I do suspect though that we'll see changes in automation as time goes on. The biggie as far as I am concerned has been that payment via paypal automatically shows up now. If you go back a few years, to when my sister and I sold (under a different name), none of that was around.

So there will be more and more changes along those sorts of lines, I would think.

Message 15 of 23
Latest reply

Why do sellers not leave immediate feedback?? Once the transaction/trade is completed that should be it!!! I'm sick of sellers waiting to receive feedback from you before they leave theirs!

Message 16 of 23
Latest reply

@missmonkeyj wrote:

Why do sellers not leave immediate feedback?? Once the transaction/trade is completed that should be it!!! 

When is the trade completed? A buyer doesn't leave feedback as soon as they pay because the trade is not completed, since there's lots more still yet to happen, and they don't leave feedback as soon as a seller has posted, since - again - there might be something that needs to be dealt with, right? So why should a seller leave feedback if even the buyer doesn't consider that the trade is complete?

Just because one person thinks feedback "should" be done a certain way, doesn't mean that person can expect everyone else to conform to they way they think things should be. If everyone would respect that fact that everyone else has the right to choose if and when to leave FB, this wouldn't even be a minor issue let alone a major one. >_>

Message 17 of 23
Latest reply

A Seller has  a product they are selling, a buyer chooses to buy that item. The contract is now set between both parties.

The buyer pays for the item pretty much straight away, that buyer has fufilled their end of the trade have they not??

As a seller, isn't payment really all they need?? Why the wait to leave feedback?

Message 18 of 23
Latest reply

By paying for an item, sure a buyer has done everything they are obligated to do.... But it's not all they can do during the course of a transaction. 

A buyer is not obligated to let a seller know if the item hasn't been received, they are not obligated to be polite and respectful, there's nothing stopping them from engaging in many other behaviours that might dampen the seller's desire to leave a positive for the transaction, like feedback extortion, fraudulent chargebacks, negs or neuts without contacting the seller and giving them the chance to fix the problem....

People don't deserve, or rather shouldn't demand, a positive just because they did the one thing they're obligated to do. If a seller waits until the transaction is fully complete before leaving feedback, not only is it their right, but the feedback can be more meaningful that just a "good job, you paid for the item you bought" comment. 

Message 19 of 23
Latest reply

In my honest opinion everything you just said, I believe is rubbish!! The whole feedback system is to tell other buyers what they should expect! Yes I understand that no single transaction is exactly the same but other buyers deserve to know what kind of condition they receive the package, was the item received within a reasonable time frame, was it described to the best of the seller's ability... now I also understand there are certain people out there who will leave negative feedback just because they are never happy, but if you look through that seller's feedback history you should be able to pick up some kind of trend.

A seller should be leaving feedback as soon as the item is paid for!! A buyer's job is to only pay for the item... why else would a seller leave any other feedback asides from the fact the person has paid?

If a buyer leaves neutral/negative feedback for whatever reason and the seller does the same only as retaliation... it's so childish!!!

Message 20 of 23
Latest reply