Feedback Request Overload

rbalse
Community Member

I understand that feedback is important, but I buy a lot of items,. I am happy to given positive feedback, but unless I have anything less than positive to say, I do not want to have to write why, or click on a bunch of extra stars. Please, let me just give a one click positive, and only ask for more if it is not so.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You're not contacting eBay by posting on these boards. They are public forums on which any eBay member can post, and the responders are, like you, fellow eBay members who give voluntary helpful advice and information. (The standard of help is usually well above the type of cut-and-paste help provided by eBay customer service.)

Soโ€ฆ it really is pointless making a technical request on these boards.

However, the good news is that you donโ€™t have to give detailed feedback. If all you want is to write โ€œGoodโ€ or โ€œThanksโ€ or just a blank space, you can do that.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Strictly speaking you don't HAVE TO provide any feedback at all if you don't want to. Lots of people don't!

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Yes, but its all or nothing, and doing nothing is unfair to sellers, although I can see that this attractive to many. I have just worked my way through giving positive feedback to about 15 sellers. It won't accept feedback unless I have something in the textbox and have checked all the stars. If I have a problem, or I am exceptionally happy, I'll let them know, but otherwise, this is a waste of my time for no gain to anyone.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

You don't have to leave any feedback at all.

But if you want to, wait till you have about 15 purchases, just go in, write 'good' or 'thanks', then cut and paste it into all 15. That way you don't have to do too much work on it.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply