Feedback ... should I warn future buyers???

Hi there,

I purchased an item that was described as brand new without tags.  Upon receipt, I found there were two dark stains, the stitching had come undone on both sleeves and it wasn't fully lined (also described in the listing).

I contacted the seller about these faults and they offered a refund upon return.  Fantastic.

I'd consider myself a reasonable person who understands we're human and mistakes can be made.

Then I noticed hand stitching on the sleeves - this item was clearly not purchased from a shop and never worn as stated.

I returned the top with a written explanation and received a refund that same day.  Excellent - I am happy.

However, on the same day of refund/return the item has been relisted as near new and attracting bids.

This has really bothered me as the faults are easily seen.

Should I mind my own business, leave positive feedback as even though disappointed, the outcome was acceptable?  Or should I warn potential buyers and leave neutral feedback? 

Message 1 of 35
Latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

chezzy
Community Member

This is frustrating, it is all well and good for the seller to offer a refund but I just wish sellers would take more responsibility for their listings, include more information on the item's condition. Honest listings = more realistic bidding. It has happened to me on more than one occasion where I have bid higher for an item (and won) because I thought the item was new/mint (and item arrived with flaws or damaged). Personally I am not convinced offering a 'refund on return' is good enough, when one considers the wasting of time and money involved to get some kind of resolution.

Message 2 of 35
Latest reply

I would be leaving neg feedback to warn others item is not what is stated and to ask ?? before bidding.

Some times there is not enough space to say what is really needed to be said.

Play around with the wording a bit to see what you can say that will bring the attention to the buyers to look at that listing.

Message 3 of 35
Latest reply

chezzy
Community Member

Sometimes readers won't know what item it is (eg private listings) so try to mention the actual item in the feedback so people have a chance to compare and ask questions if the flaws are not disclosed in the new listing?

Message 4 of 35
Latest reply

They have relisted as pre owned instead of NWOT & have this in listing

THE CONDITION IS  EXCELLENT NEAR NEW CONDITION, WORN ONCE OR TWICE,

Maybe it's just me but that closeup of the label clearly shows wash tag underneath is VERY well worn.

I would be leaving a neg & hoping someone sees it but as there are bids,it's really sort of too late.

Perhaps you could 1st try sending the seller a message re how disappointed you are to see it relisted without the obvious faults being mentioned.

Message 5 of 35
Latest reply

The way Ebay is going you have to be carefull in the wording of feedback .It wont be long before there is a class action lawsuit against ebay. Facilitating fraud is the same as doing it.

Hell, I cant even legally create a website that has a link to copyright infringing material yet there is so much on eBay it is beyond a joke.

Message 6 of 35
Latest reply

chezzy
Community Member

Having now read both item descriptions (original and relisted item) and seeing there is a bit of a history of items not matching description, if you leave a carefully worded neg atleast you can hope they might be more attentive re their listings in future.

Message 7 of 35
Latest reply

Thanks so much for your advice.  I agree Chezzy - it's all very well receiving a refund but it did waste ,y time and the listing wasn't honest.

When I put the top on, I was like..this is odd - it fits but the sleeves are ridiculously floppy.  It took me awhile to figure it out - the entire top is supposed to be stitched to give a rouched/crushed effect. 

My guess would be that one of the sleeves got a pull in it so both sleeves were unpicked to make it appear even.  You can see where the stitching was.  Which would make sense of the hand stitching on the sleeve hems - which was sewn in white cotton btw (not even red like the manufacturer).

Then there's two distinct ink like stains on one of the sleeves around 2cm.

This was all clearly stated in my letter of return.  That's why I'm so annoyed to see it relisted and described as such. 

I'm concerned if I leave negative/neutral feedback, they will do the same as they haven't left my feedback - which is another frustration - Sellers who don't give feedback until you do.

Message 8 of 35
Latest reply

Sellers can NOT leave negs for buyers.

If they leave a neg comment you can get it removed and they get a policy violation recorded against them

Message 9 of 35
Latest reply

chezzy
Community Member

Some sellers/buyers never leave feedback regardless. As frustrating as this may be to some, leaving feedback is voluntary. And sellers can't leave neg for you! If they try to use a 'positive' to leave something negative, that is a no-no.

Message 10 of 35
Latest reply