For a laugh look up "middle aged fish mouth mother Rome" someone has the English translation askew!

This page is hilarious some of the description under photos are so funny ie "will make a rich man draw breath" You wonder where they got their translation! Perhaps they meant shoes were suitable for a mature woman looked up dictionary and found " fish wife" and popped that in for good measure!!!

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

For a laugh look up "middle aged fish mouth mother Rome" someone has the English translation askew!

Love how they start out by saying they are an Australian company and then there's heaps of Chinese writing in the item description.

But OMG, love the bits that they did bother to translate. Priceless!!

I must be a middle aged fish mouth mother, because I quite like the shoes!!

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

"Performance wise extraordinary calm" Man LOLSmiley LOLWoman LOL

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

So funny.Smiley Very Happy

The shoes are in Shanghai but it is an aussie company? Going by the name, I don't think so, somehow.

Just curious-how on earth did you come across the ad? Were you just looking for shoes? I am guessing you didn't look for middle aged fish mouth. LOL

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

nah, it's not an aussie company, you need to take that line literally. They're saying that Miss P is an Australian Shopping Website.In effect they are covertly directing you away from eBay onto that website to make purchases. Which I am pretty sure is against eBay Policy, but they may have circumvented it enough as they didn't actually give an address.

But oh dear - some of their translations under their shoe pics read like a trashy romance novel "Gently I came"  Seriously? Either that or they're doing something very wrong.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Surely you would be able to open a NOT AS DESCRIBED dispute if you bought one and a MIDDLE AGED MOTHER  didnt turn up?

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

@bsal6160 wrote:

Surely you would be able to open a NOT AS DESCRIBED dispute if you bought one and a MIDDLE AGED MOTHER  didnt turn up?

I dunno, are we expecting the middle aged mother to do some cooking and cleaning for us?

I'm thinking a lot of people would be a bit relieved and not want to tell anyone!

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

I'm not sure which bit is funnier -  "Only Chinese people can provide you such good shoes at these price."

OR

Gently I Came

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

I often look up "leather flats 40" and this page came up -glad it made everyone smile too!

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply