Free Postage? Hmmm

I've noticed a growing trend of items for sale with 'free postage' Now some may state that it depends on regional costs, but when you see a simple item located in Australia which would cost no more than 10 bucks to post to any where in Aust and they state it costs over 40 bucks Australia wide and in the comments section if some one complains they reply 'it differs according to region' one wonders why even have 'free postage' in the first place except to suck people in? 

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Free Postage? Hmmm

Could you give us a sample listing number. Maybe the seller is using a courier/freight and is willing to absorb the cost in their own city but needs to add freight for further away areas perhaps.

Latest reply

Free Postage? Hmmm

There is also a glitch when listing with an iphone, items that have pick up as an option will show as free postage in searches but then show the postage costs in the listing.

Always go by the postage section in the listing and if unsure on something you want to buy, message the seller.

image host
Message 3 of 26
Latest reply

Free Postage? Hmmm

is someone forcing people to buy these items? if you are too stupid to do your homework before hitting the buy button your just plain stoopid.

Message 4 of 26
Latest reply

Free Postage? Hmmm

Are you using a computer or the app? The app is effectively useless. Among the glitches is showing freight or pick up only as 'free' postage.

If you can't use a computer, get the mobile website on your phone/tablet (NOT the app, but what you get through the internet), then go to the bottom of the page and click on 'Use Classic Site', which gives you the full site just like a computer.

Message 5 of 26
Latest reply

Free Postage? Hmmm

image.jpeg

If you use the Chrome browser on an iThingy, request desktop site. Click on the three dots top right to get that option.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 6 of 26
Latest reply

Free Postage? Hmmm

That would be stupid. It is also stupid to advertise 'free postage' knowing full well that you are going to charge a considerable amount for postage. As well as unscrupulous 

Message 7 of 26
Latest reply

Free Postage? Hmmm

@maranock wrote:

Could you give us a sample listing number. Maybe the seller is using a courier/freight and is willing to absorb the cost in their own city but needs to add freight for further away areas perhaps.

There are others but I think that one struck me from the negative Q&A

Message 8 of 26
Latest reply

Free Postage? Hmmm

That item comes up as $14.60 postage to Melbourne

Change the postcole to 2000 and it comes up $6.38

It weighs 1.25kgs

I think maranock is right

maranock wrote:

Message 9 of 26
Latest reply

Free Postage? Hmmm

No free postage to anywhere on that one...............

Capture.PNG

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 10 of 26
Latest reply