GSM GPS tracker brings up 1,855 results. The 2G network is no longer operational.

A search for GSM GPS tracker on Ebay.au brings up 1,855 results. The 2G network in Australia is no longer operational therefor they don't work here. Does Ebay Au. take any responsibility for listing products that have no notification for potential buyers that they won't work in Australia?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

GSM GPS tracker brings up 1,855 results. The 2G network is no longer operational.

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Ebay is not responsible for what sellers list but buyers are supposed to know what will work in their country.

You will probably find that the sellers who have the items listed are overseas where the 2G system does work.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

My search only came up with  almost exclusively overseas sellers in China or Hong Kong

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

In the limited time I had before yesterday's 'sandbox' nonsense stopped me looking at feedback, only 1 was a seller in Australia

All others were Hong Kong, China,Singapore and Malaysia 

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

"Ebay is not responsible for what sellers list" .. except they're quite willing to question or remove a listing that they consider contravene one of their selling policies. They just don't consider a policy that requires sellers, wherever they are located, to list products on the Australian Ebay site that actually work in Australia to be a worthy policy. Most of the GPS trackers listed make no mention of 2G, they simply list as GSM.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply