GSP UK - helping out a seller so I can (possibly) buy item

Here's where I am at so far.

There are two identical items from two sellers on eBay UK.  One is in slightly better condition than the other and is also at a price I think is reasonable.  Both sellers use the GSP but the GSP costs are widely apart...with the result that buying from the second seller is a noticably cheaper option.

I remember reading on the boards years ago that sometimes the GSP cost can be too high because not all the details about the item (weight, size etc?) has been included.  I don't know if that is true or not but anyway I sent a message to the first seller about the differing GSP charges and whether there is a solution.

The seller is interested in my suggestion and decides to look into it.  The missing info is filled in but......

.....at some point the GSP setting has been accidentally disabled and suddenly the seller only posts in the United Kingdom!  Arrrrgh.

So I let the seller know and she is very puzzled but still interested in securing a sale so I got this reply:

I am so sorry about this as I have checked again and there is nothing further I can change to amend the postage options from my side..."post internationally" is selected with "no exceptions".
Going by the screenshot you have sent me, I think you just need to try and purchase the item (assuming you want to of course :)) to find out if it will post to your area or not.

If I follow her advice I don't think it is going to go well.  I don't know if the GSP amount has changed, and I doubt the seller wants to use Royal Mail, so the issue would still be there.

I know there's another GSP tick the box option somewhere but I can't remember the details to find the answer on eBay boards.  Does someone here know what the seller can try to fix the issue?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

UPDATE:

Purchase posted in UK using Royal Mail tracking - 29 Oct 19.

Purchase arrived (at my house - AP notified me) - 06 Nov 19.

I'm very glad it wasn't sent using the GSP.  Smiley Wink

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I don't know anything about the settings or how to help in that regard, but it would probably be worth asking them if they will ship directly to you if you purchase and the sale doesn't go through the GSP. 

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I found something on the US boards that I thought might help but it didn't.  I mentioned that because the setting was still UK only I couldn't see the GSP fee I'd be charged so that would need to be resolved before I was willing to buy the item, OR I would be happy to get the item through Royal Mail with tracking.  Bit of a longshot that as all the seller's other items are GSP.

To my surprise she came back with a quote for Royal Mail with tracking and I siezed on it.  I am now waiting for an invoice from the seller so I can buy it.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

UPDATE:

Purchase posted in UK using Royal Mail tracking - 29 Oct 19.

Purchase arrived (at my house - AP notified me) - 06 Nov 19.

I'm very glad it wasn't sent using the GSP.  Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

An excellent result, zanadoo!

I have never had any issues with items sent to me by Royal Mail.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply