GSP item tracking

I purchased an item from the US, which was shipped via GSP on the 4th of August.  It's been marked as delivered to my suburb on the 12th of August (the shipping address was my workplace).  It's not shown up at the office, nor at the loading dock.

The "domestic" tracking number appears to be USPS, ending at P&B in Erland, KY.  Does anyone know how I can figure out who the Australian shipping company was at all, so I can track this parcel which was supposedly delivered?  There appears to be a global tracking number, but it doesn't register on Fedex as a valid number (just guessing as to the carrier).

I've been on hold to eBay customer support for 2 hours and 10 minutes now, and the recorded voice has been telling me for the last 2 hours and 10 minutes that my expected wait time is less than 1 minute...  Appreciate any insights, if anyone has any, thanks.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: GSP item tracking

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

The GSP uses FedEx to ship to Australia once the item has arrived at Erlanger KY.

Sometimes it is delivered by FedEx in Australia or they may send it with Australia Post as an eParcel.

Occasionally it goes to another courier company depending on your location.

It would be very unusual for an item shipped by the GSP on the 4th August to be delivered in Australia by the 12th.  It is more likely to take several weeks.

Are you sure the tracking says it was delivered in Australia?    

It usually shows as shipped by USPS, then being delivered in Erlanger KY.  It is usually several days at least before Pitney Bowes processes the paperwork and hands it to FedEx.  From there to delivery in Austrlia can be another few weeks.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Thanks for your reply, Lyndal.

It surprised me that it was marked as delivered so quickly.

It's clearly been marked as delivered, and native eBay tracking webapp shows it as passing into Australia, and clearing customs, with the final destination being Wahroonga, in NSW.

Finally got through to eBay customer support after two and a half hours, and it turns out that the GSP support division is shut now, so I've been asked to phone back tomorrow morning.  Local eBay support don't have access to the tracking numbers, apparently.  C'est la vie, I'll try again tomorrow.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

You have obviously been able to track the item into Australia so the tracking number has obviously remained the same....the tracking number used to change when it was handed to FedEx.

That means that FedEx should be able to track the item usung that number.

I would ring them in the morning.....guaranteed you won't have to wait 2 hours on the phone.Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Just a final follow up post.

Managed to contact GSP support, and obtained a local Fedex tracking number that was different from the two numbers that were provided by eBay in the order tracking details.  The two numbers provided by eBay in the order tracking were the USPS tracking number (to Erland, KY), and the Pitney Bowes tracking number (which is of no earthly use at all).

I'm not sure why eBay don't just provide the local Fedex tracking number too, it would have saved their customer support a few phone calls from me.

At any rate, the story ends happily.  The local Fedex tracking number ended up at the loading dock at work, complete with the identity of the person who signed for it. It transpired the item was misdelivered in the workplace, so we managed to recover it.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

I'm glad it has ended happily for you.

When the GSP first started there was one tracking number for the USPS leg of the journey from the seller to Erlanger KY where the item languished for a few days before being handed to FedEx.   On the tracking page you would find the word FEDKEB which was the link to the FedEx tracking.

Once you were told what the link was it was so easy to follow the tracking.

A few months ago there was a change in the procedure and the FEDKEB link disappeared....or at least was not used regularly.  That was when things got hard for us to help members to track their items.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Hi

My item was delivered to the carrier almost 2 weeks ago and has not been delivered to my address. After many nights trying to find a carrier using various searches, I phoned ebay on 1800 322 928 and they suggested to contact Australia Post. I went to their website  home - parcels mail and track your item.  In the enter tracking number box enter your global tracking number.  With the UPAABXXXX reference, delete the first 3 letters as this is an airline reference. 

I managed to find out that AB belonged to Startrack. I tried it with other tracking numbers and it worked - some you don't have to delete any letters but the UPAXXX you do - experiment I suppose.  You can also join the MyPost account and enter your ebay global tracking numbers and link it to your email address  - it then gives you the progess ogf the item - it works. 

Hope this is of assistance to all the frustrated people who can't identify the carrier or know the status of their delivery.

Reg

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply