GSP

Ebay & Pitney Bowes are dirty player with the method they are using to call anything at all "restricted" and then refuse to sent it. I have realised that to avoid shipping larger or heavy items that they may or may not lose money shipping, they just notify the buyer and say the item is "restricted". Dirty business!!!  

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Global Shipping Program - very expensive and say they will destroy items delivered to post-offices

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

The GSP is actually very cost effective for larger/heavier items.

What item have they said is restricted?

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Global Shipping Program - very expensive and say they will destroy items delivered to post-offices

The item is an Echo CS600P chainsaw. I paid for shipping through the GSP to Melbourne, Australia. They refused to ship the item past Pitney Bowes and told me it was a retricted item. I have shipped several of these machines to Australia previously with no issues whatsoever. I feel that as the item was bulky and heavy they use the words "restricted" on any item whatsoever. From my experience in the corporate world I feel that maybe it is a cost saving technique used by Pitney Bowes to avoid shipping of unprofitable items under

"tough" Ebay contractual obligations?  

@lyndal1838 wrote:

The GSP is actually very cost effective for larger/heavier items.

What item have they said is restricted?

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

It has nothing to do with how heavy the item is.....the GSP is very cost effective for large and heavy items.

It is the smaller items where you get ripped off.....the lowest price for anything seems to be in excess of $20.

And despite the shipping being called an expedited service PB only pays FedEx for an economy delivery which is why it often take ages for an item to be delivered once it reaches Australia.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

The item is an Echo CS600P chainsaw.

It may have been stopped because  it had held infammable fluids if it was a used example. It may have been stopped forthe same reason even if it was new in a box. Weight and size limits only apply if the  item when packed exceeds the limits the GSP publish.

Sellers are prone to sending oversize or overweight stuff.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

The Global Shipping Program just leave packages unattended on doorsteps, whereas the post-offices holds my packages safely

The GSP charge 3 - 4 times the price for a lesser service than the postal system.

GSP packages often seem to take longer to arrive than packages sent in the postal system.

eBay told me eBay US likes it because eBay US gets kick-backs, higher fees back to eBay - when buyers are forced to use it.

US sellers seem to like using this privateer, expensive system - usually FedEx and DHL in Australia - as buyers take all the negatives of expense, packing, responsibility - with no responsibility on the seller's side.

Global Shipping Program contracts say they will destroy items delivered to post-offices, and take no responsibility.

The only way out after a sale seems to be a new Buy It Now ad made without GSP added. 

I always try to avoid, if at all possible, as there have been no positives or reliability at all in the GSP system.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

As the OP hasn't been to the boards since August 2015, I doubt they will ever be aware of your advice.

As you have resurrected this thread, does that mean you won't resurrect any of the myriad threads on this subject posted since August 2015, including the 3 on this page of the board?

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply