Gixen (main vs mirror)

I have just purchased the paid version of Gixen, as 50 cents a month is not that much... 🙂 Now I have two options for my bids of course, main and mirror, and I was wondering which settings are usually recommended (how many seconds for the main site and for the mirror site)?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Gixen (main vs mirror)

So, to summaries what I just wrote...

The idea of sniping is to beat nibble bidders, not other snipers.

Anything under 10 seconds will not allow nibble bidders enough time to have another attempt to outbid you.

Snipes at the last moment are likely to be rejected because you have to beat ALL the other people by at least one bid increment.

IMO, the idea of sniping is to win the auction and beat all bidders. That's why people pay money to snipe - they are prepared to pay extra to have a better chance of winning.

On a recent auction, I bid in the last few seconds (by watching the eBay countdown clock and not sniping) and my bid came in literally 1 second before the item ended. I lost but it proves that you can manually bid in the closing few seconds of the auction. If you bid too low in the last few seconds, chances are you'll lose and not b e able to bid again but if you throw up a large number you've got the same chance at winning as you would when sniping - and save the sniping fee.

Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

Gixen (main vs mirror)

So, to summaries what I just wrote...

The idea of sniping is to beat nibble bidders, not other snipers.

Anything under 10 seconds will not allow nibble bidders enough time to have another attempt to outbid you.

Snipes at the last moment are likely to be rejected because you have to beat ALL the other people by at least one bid increment.

IMO, the idea of sniping is to win the auction and beat all bidders. That's why people pay money to snipe - they are prepared to pay extra to have a better chance of winning.

Regarding "anything under 10 seconds...", on a recent auction I manually bid in the last few seconds (by watching the eBay countdown clock) and my bid came in literally 1 second before the item ended. I lost but it proves that you can manually bid in the closing few seconds of the auction and be accepted. If you bid too low in the last few seconds, chances are you'll lose and not be able to bid again but if you bid a large number you've got the same chance at winning as you would when sniping - and save the sniping fee.

Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

Gixen (main vs mirror)

if you bid a large number you've got the same chance at winning as you would when sniping - and save the sniping fee.

There is no fee to use a sniping service.... well, not the one that I use.

But anyway, I have a job, family, life, sports, sleep - these things are distractions from my manual sniping.

I use the sniping service because no matter what happens, I won't miss out. I've lost FAR too many auctions simply because I have forgotten to bid (snipe), or because I've been distracted by something r called away from the computer.

If the item is ending in an hour I might put a post-it note on the machine and do it manually, but generally I just stick them into the sniper as I find them.

I just noticed that Gixen have added a new thingy to import your entire watch list with one button click. LOL that sure makes it easy!

Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

Gixen (main vs mirror)

I just noticed that Gixen have added a new thingy to import your entire watch list with one button click. LOL that sure makes it easy!

Is that new? Yes, it is very useful. I imported my watch list too.

Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

Gixen (main vs mirror)

Main 3 seconds
Mirror 2 seconds for best efficiency
Never same time
Never less than 2 seconds
Mirror is pretty much guaranteed to work, even when main might go down occasionally

Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

Gixen (main vs mirror)

I suspect that the problem has been sorted out in the last FIVE YEARS.

Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

Gixen (main vs mirror)

Not new watchlist button, Gixen offers plenty, even images of your items, just need to check out all the options they offer when you have time

Spoiler
Smiley Happy

Seriously about time though by eBay, now they just need to sort out when a buyer and seller here in Australia transact that the problems or issues that may arise are sorted out by eBay Australia Customer Service and NOT eBay USA because it was purchased on Gixen's Mirror subscription service that routes transactions via the USA

baby steps I suppose lol

Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

Gixen (main vs mirror)

After five years, this question is hardly a baby anymore.

Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

Gixen (main vs mirror)

@davewil1964 wrote:

After five years, this question is hardly a baby anymore.

Exactly, it's time to start school!

Message 19 of 19
Latest reply