Buying
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! ebay ignored my return tracking number and closed dispute

I purchased an item on ebay 04/01/2017, $17.06 including postage. This seller is based in Hong Kong. When I received the item 16/01/2017, it was the wrong colour so I requested a return. The seller agreed to a return but would not provide me with a r...

Resolved! No way to tell if it's a multy listing

The "brain/idiot/numbskull's" brigade at this site has no idea, Now they've allowed the Chinese sellers to put up a listing that looks standard,eg: as below but they are actually multiple quantity listing,(which means members will look at listings th...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Item described as working but also as is?

If an item is described as working but sold as is, and upon arrival it's most definitely not working (nor would it be capable of it due to breakage of internal components) does the sellers usage of the term "as is for parts" indemnify them from respo...

Checkout issues

Yet more checkout issues. Typically when I checkout to pay I dont have to sign into paypal but last week and today when trying to pay ebay is having me sign into paypal.When I do so it just refreshes the page and does not continue to payment confirm....

• 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Exchange Rate Calculator way out of whack

Just purchased a fairly expensive item from the UK. Ebay's estimate of 295GBP was AU $480.94 & the postage of 25GBP was AU$40.76, so that's roughly $521.70 My final price was $547.32. That's a discrepancy of $25.62! Not to be sneezed at. And then on ...

GSP

Ebay & Pitney Bowes are dirty player with the method they are using to call anything at all "restricted" and then refuse to sent it. I have realised that to avoid shipping larger or heavy items that they may or may not lose money shipping, they just ...

Error by Payment Came out of Account

Has anyone else encountered and error message when trying to purchase an item, the transaction not going through on eBay however the payment comes out of your account!

• 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Resolved! seller has no stock

I bought a total of 4 items at different times over a 4 week period. 3 items were not shipped so requested a refund the other I received in prompt time. I dont know why this seller lists items when they are not going to be shipped. They also will not...

How long to get a PayPal credit

After purchasing a book with a $50 eBay credit, it never arrived. I contacted eBay after a refund was issued and it went back to eBay, to ask them if I could get another $50 purchase voucher to reuse. They said they couldn't do this but to go ahead a...

Seller refused to revise billing address on invoice

HI guys, I've bought an item and got an invoice for it. However on the invoice they have put the same address (which I provided at check out) for both billing and delivery address. I now need to correct the billing address for my tax purpose and the ...

• 14 replies
  • 1 Helpful

Ebay loophole for seller, maximizing profit

I hope ebay could impose some new regulations for sellers found sending "wrong item" to buyers Scenario1. buyer buys item (postage included) cost AUD 8.602. seller intentionally send wrong item to buyer as they do not have stock for "listed item". Wi...

• 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful

item has arrived

i opened a dispute for an item that hadnt arrived ebay ended up closeing it and refunding me and taking points off seller but my item has now arrived and i cant find out how to let ebay know and if they can please alter the sellers points as it was a...

• 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Seller wiping hands of warranty

Hi all, we purchased a poolcover from a seller who gave 12 months warranty. It hasn't even lasted this current season, and is perished, tearing everywhere as we try to use it. Requested the seller honor the warranty given, and they replied with "Just...

Buying diamonds from new seller with no previous feedback.

I am considering purchasing a fairly expensive product (used diamond earrings) from a seller with 0 feedback. They appear to be Aussie-based (Melbourne). It always makes me nervous when they are new members and have no feedback to go by, although I k...

• 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful