Global Programme

Biggest load of bollox ever. Get rid ebay fec.kwits.....hope nobody was offended making this statement.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Global Programme

There are only about 400 of these threads. Most of which actually use English, not invective.

If you don't like the GSP, don't buy from sellers who use it.

Simple.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Global Programme

Thanks for your words of wisdom Dave.....applause yourself.
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Global Programme

@worzel*gummidge wrote:

Biggest load of bollox ever. Get rid ebay fec.kwits.....hope nobody was offended making this statement.

Ooohh worzel*gummidge , you have been very naughty. Please don't insult GSP, you'll probably upset a few people here. Also do not, I repeat do not ever insult big agri chemical companies that genetically modify our food. There are people here who believe they must be a good citizen in George Orwell's 1984. You might make them cry. Smiley LOL

One the serious side, I can tell you that GSP has caused me a few losses and ongoing source of frustration. I hope that Ebay returns to its cool groovy iconic state that what it was back in the good old days.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Global Programme

I hope that Ebay returns to its cool groovy iconic state that what it was back in the good old days.

someone is dreaming . . . . . or smokin!

Spoiler
just messin wif ya 4channel

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Global Programme

The fact is that if there was no such thing as the global shipping program a lot of sellers wouldn't post overseas at all and a lot of items wouldn't be available to Australia through ebay. It might not be a perfect system but nobody is forced to buy from sellers using it..

I used to buy a lot of a certain type of item from the UK and US but very people will send those items overseas now. I haven't been willing to post overseas for several years now so I can't blame anyone else for not wanting to do it.
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Global Programme

@brerrabbit585 wrote:
The fact is that if there was no such thing as the global shipping program a lot of sellers wouldn't post overseas at all and a lot of items wouldn't be available to Australia through ebay. It might not be a perfect system but nobody is forced to buy from sellers using it..

I used to buy a lot of a certain type of item from the UK and US but very people will send those items overseas now. I haven't been willing to post overseas for several years now so I can't blame anyone else for not wanting to do it.

I totally disagree. The majority of sellers who were selling overseas prior to Global Shipping appearing on the scene were doing so with confidence. Many of them are losing sales and getting less bids as people don't want to pay double triple postage for single items.

As pointed out by another member on another thread this month, many sellers who have been using Global Shipping / Pitney are now going back to USPS and GB Postage as they realise buyers are being friegtened away.

Who in their right mind would be happy paying 3 times an amount for postage?

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Global Programme

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

I hope that Ebay returns to its cool groovy iconic state that what it was back in the good old days.

someone is dreaming . . . . . or smokin!

Spoiler
just messin wif ya 4channel

Don't smoke the funny stuff any more my friend.   Smiley Happy  Haven't for years.  But I do deam. I deam of a day where eBay returns to its cool groovy iconic state that what it was back in the good old days.   Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Global Programme

channel, you can disagree all you like, but I'm quite sure you didn't ask all the sellers who currently use the GSP whether they were happy posting overseas before, so how can you state that most of them were happy with the system as it was.

Some sellers have been opted in without realising it but there's nothing to stop buyers messaging to ask whether they'd post by normal mail.

A lot of the sort of people I used to buy from don't post overseas any more at all, not even with the GSP.  When the GSP was first introduced there were a lot more sellers willing to post overseas but as time goes on, less and less sellers are willing to post overseas.  Since the MBG was introduced a lot of people have had problems with scammers and are no longer willing to risk posting overseas because of the hassles, as well as the postage cost (and fees on the higher postage).

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply