Global Shipping Program insurance claims

Well, nobody knew this to tell me what to do when an insured item arrives broken.  First thing I did was lodge a complaint with the post office.  After a week I received a letter saying that they could not cover the item because FED EX delivered the package.  So then I lodge a complaint with FED EX who I luckily kept ringing for updates and found out they couldn't insure the item and I'd have to contact ebay.  So now I'm waiting on ebay who has no proper way to explain what happened and ask for a refund.  So I'll be on the phone to them too.  All this work and probably for no result.  My advice, stick to USPS and don't use ebay's Global Shipping Program.  USPS knows what they are doing with insurance claims.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I would be contacting the seller and ask them to find out what is required.

If the seller is not prepared to assist, then open a case for INAD.

image host
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Why would you try to make a claim on Australia Post when they did not deliver the item?

Your advice to stick with USPS rather than use the Global Shipping Program is all well and good but so many US sellers will not use USPS now.  All they know is what they are told....the GSP covers them for tracking and insurance as well as doing all the international shipping forms.   And ebay will remove bad feedback if it has any mention of the GSP, high priced shipping or slow shipping.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Kopes, the seller has nothing to do with it once the item has reached Erlanger KY....they do not even get a tracking number to see whether the buyer ever gets the item.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Yes but wouldn't it be beneficial to have the seller getting PB to chase it up from that end ?

image host
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Resolving problems The item was not as described in the listing

If the item doesn't match the listing description, your purchase may be covered by eBay Money Back Guarantee.

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/buy/shipping-globally.html#problems

It's the part that says 'may be covered' that has me worried.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Yes but wouldn't it be beneficial to have the seller getting PB to chase it up from that end ?

Anecdotally, they take no notice of sellers once the item has arrived in Erlanger.

The unfortunate backlash of that is that buyers decide the seller is unhelpful and leave less than complimentary feedback.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply