Global Shipping Program is a scam

I do not buy anymore from sellers who use this scam.(see link below)

In a few cases I asked a seller if he/she can post an item via UPS or Royal Mail and in each case they declined- consequently no deal has been made.

I have a question to Australian sellers if they have been forced by ebay Australia to use GSP or can they elect to post an item via Australia Post.

Scam like GSP and inflated postage costs in Austalia and US begin to kill trade and  consequently I begin to limit my purchases.

<Removed>

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

@imastawka wrote:

It's nice to see 4channel C & P my instructions re the opt out   big grin smiley.gif

I thought that. He's very good at it. In fact, he's probably the C&P grand champion!

Message 11 of 20
Latest reply

I'm all in favour of the right information being posted and shared!

(I tend to attribute any quoted material*, but that's very much a habit.)

Stawka, the next time that I quote you or anyone, I am going to put the citation in the correct format. What's your preference - MLA, Harvard, MHRA, APS, OSCOLA, Oxford, Chicago?

You know that this means you must post something that is absolutely on point to be quoted in many situations...?

*Sometimes I have forgotten to do so, and the 5 minutes of being able to self-edit are up. I spend the rest of the night in torment, muttering words of self-reproach.

Message 12 of 20
Latest reply

In fact, here is the quotation complete with citation. It might come in handy, and lord oh lord, doesn't it look authoritative!

@imastawka wrote:
Re: GSP item but seller agreed to post regular

To opt out of the GSP, US sellers only have to go into (My eBay summary page) account > site preferences > shipping preferences > Offer the Global Shipping Program > edit > no

– imastawka. (2017). Re: GSP item but seller agreed to post regular. Community.ebay.com.au. Retrieved 20 December 2020, from https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/GSP-item-but-seller-agreed-to-post-regular/m-p/2040733#M7738....

Message 13 of 20
Latest reply

Well what I had on my notepad may have come from that  Buying Forum poster  imastawka    that you mentioned. I had it saved from quite some time back. Not sure where that mentioned poster got it / C&P'd it from though. I think what prompted me to remember that I had it was something that nice Buying Forum poster  michellebartley said some time back.

Anyway, where ever it originally came from, it is a handy thing to have. Also handy too have someone prompting me to remember.

Message 14 of 20
Latest reply

It is almost definitely not something Michelle would have posted. Given she doesn't post links.

Just attribute to the source and stop trying to minimise regular posters' contributions.

Message 15 of 20
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

It is almost definitely not something Michelle would have posted. Given she doesn't post links.

Just attribute to the source and stop trying to minimise regular posters' contributions.

Oh dear davewil1964.

@4channel wrote:

I think what prompted me to remember that I had it was something that nice Buying Forum poster  michellebartley said some time back.

Mate, davewil1964, I never said that michellebartley posted a link. I said "Forum poster  michellebartley said"

And if your assumption / statement is true that michellebartley doesn't post links, that has no bearing on what she says.

And if the info on the notepad I have had for a year or two or more was originally from imastwaka (that rings a bell but I also thought maybe lyndal) then she posted something handy. That's good.  And if my memory is right about the very pleasent down to earth poster michellebartley activating my memory then that's also good.

Message 16 of 20
Latest reply

Definitely not from me.....I don't post links either.

It was originally posted by Stawks!

Message 17 of 20
Latest reply

"Very pleasant, down to earth poster"..............BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! That would have to be THE most hilarious thing I've read all year, especially as it was underlined. That made it even funnier. My sides hurt from laughing so hard.

Thanks 4channel, after a really carpy day, I really needed that laugh. Again, thank you.

Message 18 of 20
Latest reply

I wish I had of read this last week.

I just purchased my dream putter from the UK one I’ve been looking for for years $1800AUD and it was a great price.

Seller shipped via GSP.

Package was 10cm oversized so they seized it. This is a **bleep**ing joke, I don’t care I got my money back I want my putter. 
I feel like I’ve been robbed because I have, years of research and hunting to have it taken off me over 10cm. 
Id happily call that a Scam as even though eBay “their” faceless someone is profiting from my loss. 
How do I find my putter? 

Message 19 of 20
Latest reply

Nothing to do with eBay.

It's Pitney Bowes you need to take it up with.

However, a seller agrees to their terms and conditions when sending with the GSP.

Not much you can do as the contract was between seller and PB.

You are simply the inconvenienced buyer that has received a refund.

If for some reason PB's returns the putter to the seller, you could ask the seller if they are prepared to send via Royal Mail if they permit that length.

I am a little surprised as PB's is known for being a good service for larger items.

image host
Message 20 of 20
Latest reply