Global Shipping Program

I am fed up with ebay's global shipping program. They will not combine items for one reason - EBAY'S GREED. Their small print under expenses shows that they give ebay a kickback for every item posted for "recommending you to the program". Even if the kickback was only 1 cent per item (which I very much doubt), how much money is ebay making with the thousands of items sold every day?? Ebay is profittering of the buyers. They are also dearer to post than USPS. Buyers are getting ripped off !!! I will only give a seller who is on the program 1 star for posting. If everyone did the same it might get through to sellers when their ratings drop.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Global Shipping Program

Giving a 1 star will achieve nothing, because if the seller sends via the GSP, a low star for postage is removed.

If you want to combine postage from a seller who uses GSP, ask the seller BEFORE you buy whether they would be willing to post via USPS. If they agree, request an invoice via the shopping cart when you have finished buying. They can't send an invoice until you send the request.

If you purchase a bulky item, it is actually cheaper to have it sent via GSP. It's the little things that cost far too much. If you have already bought stuff and are looking at a whopping postage cost, ask the seller to cancel each item, then relist altogether as a BIN with the single postage listed. Otherwise ask them about USPS as I've already mentioned.

I would also suggest putting Global Shipping Program into the seach box at the top of the forum page as this has been discussed at length on MANY occasions.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Global Shipping Program

I will only give a seller who is on the program 1 star for posting. If everyone did the same it might get through to sellers when their ratings drop.

As ilovemysheep posted above, that won't happen. 

How sellers are protected

With the Global Shipping Program, you're protected in the following ways

• You qualify for automatic 5-star protection on shipping and handling charge detailed seller ratings when you provide free domestic shipping to the US shipping center. If you receive a rating below 5 stars for shipping and handling charges, it won't count against your seller performance standards.

• Any negative or neutral feedback that can be attributed to the Global Shipping Program from item handling during international transit will be removed.

• You aren't responsible for item loss or damage that occurs after the item is forwarded by the US shipping center. Once an item has been forwarded by the US shipping center, you won't be responsible for refunding the buyer if an eBay Money Back Guarantee or PayPal Purchase Protection case is filed against you for one of the following reasons:

• A buyer claims an item isn't received or

• A package is damaged in transit

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply