Global shipping program

The Global Shipping Program is a rip off.The item i purchased with priority international mail from the USA spent 10 days wandering around America and then took a holiday in Honulu and is now at last in Australia sitting in Sydney with an expected delivery in about a week with fedex.Guess i need to stay at home during that time in case they require a signature,

STAY AWAY FROM THIS shipping system it is flawed with all types of problems,let me know if any body else had had this terrible experience

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Global shipping program

you only need to read a few threads on the forums to know others have problems. Use the search function above and type in global shipping and then read until you can stand no more
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Thankyou,this stops me from buying from a member using this shipping.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

I am expecting my first "Global Shipping" item, the estimated delivery is for next Tuesday even though I know it has already landed in Melbourne. So I will be curious to see what happens from here.

It is not a service I am keen to use again due to the additional postage costs and additional time it seems to take.

But I needed to find out for myself rather than avoiding it based on other people's experience.

Where possible I will certainly ask if a seller would be willing to ship direct via the USPS, I will continue to 'educate'

where I can. Some sellers don't/haven't shipped overseas which is why they use GSP. Fortunately some are happy

to learn if you point out the issues or help them with the steps.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Hi,

seems like you have a similar problem sitting in Melbourne for a week not waiting for customs clearance as this is already documentated by Pitnnet Bowes in the US,hope it arrives okay for you.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

It is well documented that Pitney Bowes can muck up the paperwork and the items do not clear Customs once they get to Australia.

Also, FedEx often passes smaller items to Australia Post for final delivery.

The reason that the items sit in the FedEx warehouse for weeks is that Pitney Bowes only pays for Economy shipping...very slow, not the Priority shipping that you have paid for.

The GSP is seriously flawed...it is slow and expensive and PB is a law unto themselves...they arbitrarily decide what they will ship to Australia regardless of our Customs regulations.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

They are Rubbish, Slow, Incompetent, Expensive, etc. 🙂 

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

yes my item was given a tracking with FEDKEB tried to google that ??????

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Sooty, you don't need to google anything.  Apart from the fact that I know that FEDKEB is FedEx, you only need to click on the number and you are taken directly to the FedEx tracking site.

The tracking is the only good thing about the GSP....when you get the initial tracking number you can follow your item all over the USA via the USPS tracking.  Once the item is prepared for international shipping by PB you are given the FedEx tracking number which is easily tracked on the FedEx site.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

The item i purchased with priority international mail from the USA spent 10 days wandering around America and then took a holiday in Honulu and is now at last in Australia sitting in Sydney with an expected delivery in about a week with fedex

It's International Priority, a meaningless advertising term, Not Priority International, A USPS parcel service.

Basically treating all advertising as lies won't see you go far wrong.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply