Got scammed by eBay plus

I warn everyone to be aware of eBay Plus. They are scammers on a different level. They took monies out of my PayPal account, to renew my Plus membership, when I cancelled about 6 weeks prior to it been due. You need to ring your Financial institution and have them stop EBay Plus from taking monies out if you don’t want It anymore, or those scammers will go ahead and direct debit your account even after you cancel. They refused to give me my monies back. It’s not worth it anyway. 

Message 1 of 40
Latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Got scammed by eBay plus

Did you already pay the annual ebay plus fee before you cancelled it?

Message 2 of 40
Latest reply

Got scammed by eBay plus

I cancelled it around 6 weeks before it was due, and they still took it out of my PayPal account and will not refund me.

Message 3 of 40
Latest reply

Got scammed by eBay plus

When you say before it was due do you mean you were still on the trial? and hadn't paid anything yet?

Also were you on the 30 day trial or the 4 month trial?

Message 4 of 40
Latest reply

Got scammed by eBay plus

I paid for the trial a year ago and it was a waste of money, It’s not worth it. So I decided to cancel before it was due again for the full price this time, because that’s what you need to do. PayPal has stopped them taking any further payments out, but cannot get them to refund my monies. Ebay Plus said I can’t get a refund and I have this for another year now. Total rip-off 

Message 5 of 40
Latest reply

Got scammed by eBay plus

Your version of events appears to be a total breach of the ebay plus terms and conditions.   As you claim to have cancelled your ebay plus account, you should have access to the exact date of the cancellation (Not about 6 weeks).   The ebay plus terms and conditions are quite clear that unless membership is cancelled before the renewal date, which you should also be aware of (Not the date of billing), that you will automatically be charged for a 12 month continuation of membership, which is not refundable.

So I am just guessing, that you have not cancelled your membership, until after the renewal date.

Message 6 of 40
Latest reply

Got scammed by eBay plus

Click on the ebay plus symbol on your home page it should show your membership dates and also you can click on the invoice and see what you have been charged for date wise.

Perhaps the date for your membership is different to what you thought it was?

Because the only way ebay would have charged the fee is if the new membership had already started a new yearly cycle which is then non refundable.

Message 7 of 40
Latest reply

Got scammed by eBay plus

@timme.au2015 wrote:

I paid for the trial a year ago and it was a waste of money, It’s not worth it. So I decided to cancel before it was due again for the full price this time, because that’s what you need to do. PayPal has stopped them taking any further payments out, but cannot get them to refund my monies. Ebay Plus said I can’t get a refund and I have this for another year now. Total rip-off 

Well this is getting confusing.  If you have cancelled your ebay plus membership, then you are no longer a member and are not entitled to any further ebay plus benefits.  Even though you have been charged for the next 12 month period,  $49.00 that is not refundable.  you effectively relinquished your membership and entitlements.  What process did you use to cancel your ebay plus membership

Message 8 of 40
Latest reply

Got scammed by eBay plus

I told them via the phone and they twisted my words that I said I wanted to cancel eBay and not EBay Plus. All my friends have had to put a stop on them taking monies out of their account, so it doesn’t happen to them what happened to me. I have spent thousands of dollars on eBay. I’m a buyer, not a seller. I just wanted to try their free trial and that was it. Like I said, it’s not worth it.

Message 9 of 40
Latest reply

Got scammed by eBay plus

Why would you tell them via the phone?

The normal (and effective) method would be to do it online, where both you and eBay would have a record of exact dates and times.

The phones are manned by call centre staff in the Philippines - hardly the place I would go to.

Message 10 of 40
Latest reply