HOW do i find out about how i got ripped off on ebay isnt it safe anymore?

if ebay is safe as they say ,how come i got ripped off alot of money after not getting my item and ebay nor pay pal rekon i can get my money back so its gone forever.i am reeeeeeeallly angry about trusting this site now,i wont believe them again,bulldust false advertising.....'MONEY BACK GUARANTEE" WHAT A LOAD OF B****#*T !!!

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: HOW do i find out about how i got ripped off on ebay isnt it safe anymore?

l can understand you are upset, but we need more information to be able to help you. DONOT name the Seller on here, just give us the item number of what you bought. Then some more info/facts help us assist you about what happened. 

You cannot name & shame on here, the moderators will remove it.   Thank you.

Somebody will be along to help you, keep checking back.

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH, i have had nothing but silence for so long it helps ALOT to get a reply,thanks,p.s i have never used ebay in any other way than instructed,i have never dealt with anyone on the side,or not in the proper procedures.so i could not understand when i was just sent an electronic message from ebay and pay pal that nobody would be helping me with my issue since the new hard drive was not covered by any kind of assistance or come-back by ANYBODY, i can tell you it is a most frustrating situation to be in.especially when your resolution centre refused to accept the number that was on the site to contact the seller,add to that ,that i had just been told i had had some kind of hack attack or problem with my account and someone trying to do something to my account which nobody had told me WHO to beware of ,plus there are gaps in my computer knowledge as well ,i do not spend all day on them  so  i freaked out a bit,i appologise for any offences i may have committed but seriously ,its starting to feel like everybody will say and promise anything just to get hold of your dollar these days ...even our prime minister!do you really blame me???anyway thanks for getting back to me and sorry everyone if i offended anyone thank u

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

p.s i tried to type in the ONLY NUMBER that was on the site i was told to quote and it kept telling me it was wrong,please feel free to go into my account and see what it says and you try it please because i tried it many times and a few weeks ago as well,you can see all my activity on here ,plus i gave you all the info in all the many messages i wrote to you,please dont make me keep repeating it,i am on night shift right now and dont carry these huge numbers around with me and reference codes and names and dates etc etc ok thanks

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

Please stop posting all these threads about the same issue.

When you go to the paypal Resolution Centre to open a dispute you do not use the ebay Item Number.  You have to use the paypal Unique number which you will find on the paypal receipt....or it can be found on the paypal site if you do not have the receipt.

Please do it as soon as possible as you only have 45 days from the date you paid.

And please stop shouting and swearing at us....we are not responsible for your lack of understanding of the ebay processes to get your money back.

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Ade, these are not Ebay employees you are speaking to here they are only posters like yourself who have a great deal of knowledge and will be able to assist you if you calmly state the facts or ask for help understanding the process, Lyndal is correct and has a great deal of experience, please follow her advice and open the PayPal resolution center as you will have limited time to do so from the date of purchase, stay calm and you will get closer your refund if it is not too late.
Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Why you have dragged the poor Prime Minister into this is nothing but childish.

Read the replies you have received and answer the questions, such as posting the item number of the product here.

I am an adult and as all members of ebay have to be at least 18 years, you are only talking to adults so please show some respect.

If you don't wish to answer any questions then no one will be able to help you so it is up to you if you want thelp.

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

ok so which are you referring to? the EBAY RESOLUTION CENTRE OR THE PAY PAL RESOLUTION CENTRE?I have tried both with the correct corresponding numbers.I may appear to be an idiot and yes i may have vented on here but i was under the impression that that is what these 'forums' are for ,to express ones self, i believe the worst profanity i used was 'bloody' i apologize for that ,i however do not apologise for the frustration vent,sorry but i am human and i do not possess enough time or money to just give it away to thieves or to spend countless hours trying again and again to enter numbers and keep repeating actions with no outcome, nor am i lucky enough to spend all day on these sites to become a 'full bottle on all procedure' as you are.....simply because i am not adept at every procedure  of this website does not mean i am an imbecile nor does it give you licence to patronise me for speaking how i feel,i did not swear ,abuse or degrade  anyone ,and my loss of composure and ettiquette on a 'forum' is ,i assure you ,only after a hell of alot of patient dilligent tries again and again to no avail.Please try to walk a mile in others shoes sometimes ok

thanks for the information and the replies i appreciate them

all the best

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Thank you everyone,i have sent the relevant info to what i believe are the correct  ebay employees, i did put the information on here earlier ,but i am guessing i probably put it in incorrectly or sent it to the wrong group discussion or forum or whayever.i actually DO appreciate other peoples time and input ,however i would have thought the frustration may have been shared by a few..my mistake... ,sorry to have caused anyone any discomfort reading my posts,and pardon ??what was that ?..."POOR prime minister" are you serious???we ARE talking about the same man who promised so much to get elected yet went back on every single one???!!

MY ALLEGIANCE IS TO THE TAX PAYER  AND I AM ETERNALLY GRATEFUL TO THEM FOR LENDING ME THE MONEY TO BE ABLE TO STUDY AND EVERYTHING ELSE WE TAX APYERS PAY FOR,...anyway off my soapbox ...all the best. and thanks .tada

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

Hi Adele

1) How long has it been since you paid for the item? This will help determine if you have a chance to pursue it.

2) The last time I had a dispute I went straight to the paypal website, logged in there and opened a report/case

because for some reason I found the ebay dispute option confusing

3) then at the paypal resolution I put some notes/facts (I drafted them beforehand to make sure it said exactly what I wanted to but as concisely as possible)

4) I ended up 'escalating' it to a claim and I found in my case it got resolved fairly quickly

(I apologize if you have done/tried all this already).

5) using CAPITALS is considered by some in the internet/computer world to be YELLING so it is frowned at.

Personally it doesn't bother me too much as I also see it as a way of expressing oneself or to emphasize something.

Perhaps using bold is a good alternative?

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply