Hand sanitiser listing has been removed

I purchased hand sanitiser on eBay recently and it arrived safely. I have received notification that the listing has been removed and I wonder why this would happen? Could it possibly be because the seller has tampered with the ingredients to capitalise on coronavirus fears? Or could it simply be that the item has now run out - is there some way of checking with Ebay as to why the listing has been removed?

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

in my area gumtree removed all tp and hand sanitiser ads..bout time too.

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

@4green2000 wrote:

in my area gumtree removed all tp and hand sanitiser ads..bout time too.

Gumtree is owned by Ebay. That would be money driven. Force sellers to pay the fees, endorse the price gouging on here, but still zero regard for the shortages in our supermarkets and the accumulative effects of that. Sickening

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

It would be due to price gouging where individuals are bulk buying items such as hand sanitiser and toilet paper etc. and trying to sell those items for extorniate prices.

I would suggest you check the price you paid for the item/s you bought to see if you have paid well above the reasonable price offered by supermarkets etc. and explore the possibility of bringing a claim against the seller for failing to comply with ebay policy. You may get some money back.

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

Way past time for eBay's MBG. And what was reasonable back in early COVID days certainly doesn't apply now. Given that supermarkets didn't have any to sell when this thread was relevant, price comparisons aren't relevant, either.

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply