Has anyone heard of this? Discount offered.

Im wondering if anyone else has been offered a discount via phone, by Ebay.

Just had a very interesting call, apparently from Ebay and would like some clarifiaction if this is legit.

i recieved a phone call from a interstate number about a product i have saved (what the product is doesnt matter, so no need for anyone to search though my profile, thank you) apparently Ebay would like to give me a discount (the person knew exactly what was in my cart)

I replied to the represtive that i would call them back. while a discount would be great, i have never heard of a ebay representative cold calling a buyer before and curious if this is a new thing and if it has ever happened to anyone else? thanks.

Commonsense is not so common!
Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Has anyone heard of this? Discount offered.

First I've heard of that happening.  Was it by chance the same 10% discount being offered by eBay for the next couple of days (via the "CLAP10" voucher code)?

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Not heard of it before,either

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

If legit, it seems like an awfully invasive marketing strategy.
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Hi i can confirm this is legit ๐Ÿ˜„

Im wary of calls offering me things that seem 'to good to be true' hence why i told the person i would call them back.

i finally got hold of a friend that is a powerseller and she said she has heard of it, and said it would be safe to call them back.

So i did (wow ebay needs new on hold music, is shocking lol)

The gentleman i spoke to was brilliant, gave me a code so now i have a 25% discount on a item i have saved ๐Ÿ˜„

normally i always pay straight away. Unfortunately or fortunately as this has turned out. i saved it to a cart instead.

if i had paid as i usually do. Ebay proably wouldnt have called asking me, if i would like a incentive to buy ๐Ÿ˜„

Must be a slow day for Ebay if they are now calling buyers ๐Ÿ˜„

Commonsense is not so common!
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply