Have been ripped

Hi the seller REMOVED the seller went off line and I an the buyer was ripped off

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
5 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Have been ripped

The best way to get the most appropriate advice for the situation is to provide a little more detail about the transaction, as without knowing a few key facts, it's hard to know the best way to help and there could be any number of factors that change what approach to take in a situation like this. (Also best to leave names out of it - they will be deleted by a moderator sooner or later, anyway).

The most important questions - when did you purchase the item? How did you pay? Where is the seller located and what was / is the estimated arrival date of the purchase? Or, have you already received the item but it's not as described?  And lastly, can you clarify what you mean by offline? Has the seller disappeared completely (suggesting that their account is deregistered), or have they gone on holidays? Also, have they responded to any messages you've sent so far? 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Have been ripped

I payed for the items cash as there was no delivery icon to click on and ask the seller was there dents and the seller said no when receiving the item there were dents and this was nothing to do with deliver there was dents on the bonnet from the delivery company

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

Have been ripped

I tried throw the seller no emails back also in good faith could we work something for both of us in mail to seller with no reply

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Have been ripped

I recepit from the back

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

Have been ripped

Have bank recepit from the 20/06/18

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Have been ripped

The best way to get the most appropriate advice for the situation is to provide a little more detail about the transaction, as without knowing a few key facts, it's hard to know the best way to help and there could be any number of factors that change what approach to take in a situation like this. (Also best to leave names out of it - they will be deleted by a moderator sooner or later, anyway).

The most important questions - when did you purchase the item? How did you pay? Where is the seller located and what was / is the estimated arrival date of the purchase? Or, have you already received the item but it's not as described?  And lastly, can you clarify what you mean by offline? Has the seller disappeared completely (suggesting that their account is deregistered), or have they gone on holidays? Also, have they responded to any messages you've sent so far? 

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Have been ripped

I payed for the items cash as there was no delivery icon to click on and ask the seller was there dents and the seller said no when receiving the item there were dents and this was nothing to do with deliver there was dents on the bonnet from the delivery company
Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

Have been ripped

Ok, perhaps you would be able to file a complaint with the delivery company? The delivery may have been insured, so there's a chance they could help, especially if they were responsible for the damage. 

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

Have been ripped

As you are doubtless aware, having read the eBay terms and conditions, paying by cash leaves you no recourse through eBay. I'm fairly sure that you have no recourse at all for the purchase of a vehicle.

If you were mug enough to pay for a vehicle sight unseen, I fail to see how you were ripped off, in an online sense, given that caveat emptor always applies.

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Have been ripped

I hope with this people r more aware
Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Have been ripped

Even if these no delivery or pickup mention on the seller item hope this help people what happen to me
Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Have been ripped

I tried throw the seller no emails back also in good faith could we work something for both of us in mail to seller with no reply
Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Have been ripped

I always pay with PayPal to be protected (not even with bank transfer, which some German sellers have as the only payment option).

However, I think that if you talk to eBay and explain that you have been ripped off they should give you the seller's phone number at least. Where did you pay cash by the way? Did the seller meet you somewhere or did they give you their address?

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

Have been ripped

Cash in to there bank ebay has been trying to contact them with no luck
Message 10 of 15
Latest reply