Hello everyone. What do you suggest that I do? I made 52 purchases from the one seller on July 22nd,

Hello Everyone

five weeks ago on 22nd July I made 52 purchases from the one seller totalling hundreds of dollars which were paid for straight away via my PayPal account. Within two days of the purchases the seller marked the goods as shipped and even posted a bogus shipping tracking number against my eBay purchases. Following them up last week because I had not heard any more and the tracking numbers came up as not existing when I tried to see where everything was I posted a not received query on eBay on a couple of the items to get a response from the seller. It turns out that nothing has been shipped yet and the sellers response ws tht they didn't have the goods and would it be ok if they shipped them sometime soon (timeline not defined) when they had them.

Really!

What do I do now - I have opened up 52 queries now - one for each purchase - which took me all of last night.

Apparently I have to wait another week before I can do anything more as the seller has not responded and it appears tht there is no other way to contact eBay about the transactions which are obviously fraudulent.

Any suggestions as this seems to me quite criminal!

Hope that there is some other way to address these issues.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Hello everyone. What do you suggest that I do? I made 52 purchases from the one seller on July 22nd,

Was the seller based in Asia by any chance?

very very common behaviour among sellers based in China

Have you advised ebay the tracking number they gave was fake?

Have you phoned ebay on the freecall number?

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

You would have been far better off if you had opened the dispute in paypal....it is a lot quicker and easier than an ebay dispute.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Do not, under any circumstances, let them talk you into closing any of those cases,

until you've either received the goods or a refund in full.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Hi

TRhank you all for your advice.

How do I contact eBay?

I have scoured their website for hours but can't find any way to contact them directly - all leads end to dead ends where the contact us button is greyed out.

Would love to tell someone there but don't know how.

Regards

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Originally I went to my PayPal account to request a refund but the PayPal website told me to go back through eBay first.

Get the feeling no-one wants to know about it!

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

under the help and contact tab, down the bottom is a 'contact us' button. Is that the one greyed out?

Have you tried signing out and signing back in if it is?

There is a freecall 1800 number there

Best is to ask for a call back, or you will get a different story from each person you talk to

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

barney, this link will give you the "call me" option. Ask to speak to a supervisor if the first CS rep can't/won't help you.

https://ocsnext.ebay.com.au/ocs/cusr?query=1482&levelHierarchy=1a6a3 

Edit. That link is not going through at the moment, try again later.......................

Edit 2 . .......ortry Stalks' link.      G'day Stawks. hahahaha

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Try this link.  Scroll to the bottom of the page

https://ocsnext.ebay.com.au/ocs/cusr?query=1485

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

If you have already started a dispute in ebay you cannot open one in paypal until the ebay one is closed.

That is why I said you should have done it with paypal in the first place.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply