Help please......I payed for a item on the 22/6 and the seller as not even marked it payed, or sent

Hello ,I won a item on the 22/6 paye dfor it straight away and the seller has not marked it paid
or sent or acknowledgeed that i won the said item

Thank you 

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Help please......I payed for a item on the 22/6 and the seller as not even marked it payed, or sent

Remember 22/6 was a Friday.  A lot of locations don't have Australia Post pick-up on a Saturday so the seller won't mail it until today (Monday).  As far as not showing as paid - that is strange as normally it is an automatic thing when you pay via PayPal (i.e. the seller doesn't have to do anything).  If you paid via direct debit - then the money may not have yet cleared into their bank account.    Speaking personally - I don't normally respond to someone after they have bought an item from me - just send it at the first possible convenience.  I would imagine you will see something happen in the next day or two.   

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Remember 22/6 was a Friday.  A lot of locations don't have Australia Post pick-up on a Saturday so the seller won't mail it until today (Monday).  As far as not showing as paid - that is strange as normally it is an automatic thing when you pay via PayPal (i.e. the seller doesn't have to do anything).  If you paid via direct debit - then the money may not have yet cleared into their bank account.    Speaking personally - I don't normally respond to someone after they have bought an item from me - just send it at the first possible convenience.  I would imagine you will see something happen in the next day or two.   

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

How did you pay for it?

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

As sarah has said, if it was paid by direct deposit there is a chance the seller doesnt even have the funds in their bank at this stage. 

Definately too early to do a panic.  What was the sellers handling time?  If a casual seller they may not even have been on line between then and now.  If paid by PP have you checked your pp account to see if it actually came out.  Please dont stress yet

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

The handling time is a good point. Mine is set to 5 days, but I still try and post within 24 hours. I had someone buy and pay immediately on Friday 22nd. I haven't posted it yet because I currently have my right leg in plaster and can't drive. Mr Tippy was not able to go to the PO for me on Friday, so it will get posted today.

I had a buyer once who paid at 2pm, I had the item packaged and in the post by 2.30pm (tracking confirmed this). They trashed my stars for slow postage and even mentioned how slow I was to post in the feedback. I'm surprised they didn't neg me. I managed to get the star rating removed. Therefore, I always worry when someone is getting impatient about something not being posted within 10 minutes of payment.

I also had another buyer demanding to know why their item hadn't been sent yet. Oh, that would be because they hadn't actually paid for it yet. They didn't like it that I expected payment before I posted.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Dont you have your lear jet waiting when someone pays, shame on you.

P.S. Good luck with the plaster, been there, done that.....

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Paypal 🙂
Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Friday was a bit glitchy with payments. Some of my payment notifications took quite a while to come through and they weren't showing in my PayPal account until much later.

If the item is not marked as paid, though, I recommend checking the payment status in your account, as sometimes payments actually bounce back and the seller doesn't receive the funds.
Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Paid by pay pal 

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

If you paid by PayPal via Checkout, it should have automatically been marked as paid by PayPal.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply