Hi, I think i have been a victim of shill bidding

I think i have been a victim of shill bidding, the price of the item i was bidding on was going up and up by a bidder with no history, infact the same bidder bid on 2 items that the seller was selling, is there any way to have this investigated?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

what was the item number?

A person can bid on more than 1 item from the same seller. I don't see how *that* means anything

Some people also set up autmatic bids

without know more, it's hard to say if they have done the above or if it's something suss

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

@mymilo_2007 wrote:

I think i have been a victim of shill bidding, the price of the item i was bidding on was going up and up by a bidder with no history, infact the same bidder bid on 2 items that the seller was selling, is there any way to have this investigated?

i am bidding on 10 to 15 items ATM from the same seller....the price keeps going up and up on all items...does this mean im a shill bidder too ? please...!

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Withut looking at the bidding history it is impossible to say if it is shill bidding or not.

Just bidding on more than one item from the same seller means nothing.   I usually buy multiple items from the same seller and I am not a shill bidder.

Can you please post the item number....if it is shill bidding the more members that report it the better.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Newbies (bidders with no history) often get carried away with auctions and pay ridiculous prices, so it sounds pretty normal to me.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply