Hi,has any members had problems with the Global Shipping program.

Hi,has any members had problems with the Global Shipping program.It would seem that another party has been added just to double our chances of a mistake.The contract is between buyer and seller on the ebay site and it is hard enough to recieve an item without damage and in a reasonable time without it being duplicated in the shipping process.Unable to contact the global Shipping Co so where do we get any help.

Message 1 of 113
Latest reply
112 REPLIES 112

I dont touch it with a barge pole

most sellers send direct if you ask them before bidding

Message 2 of 113
Latest reply

I THINK that you can contact the GSP via eBay.com - they have a whole department set up there.

I never looked, but I was under the impression they had a kind of discussion board set up there for it too.

and yes, if you have a look around the Trading Boards hee, there are a lot of members with GSP issues, or wait a while as I'm sure others will be along shortly to post in here.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 3 of 113
Latest reply

I bought a $50 racquet that had "ship to USA only" in the description but was included in the GSP. As per the listing I only paid the Pitney shipping stated and it said no import fees and there were not. Delivery took 8 business days(Florida to QLD) and was delivered by Fedex and tracking was good.

Message 4 of 113
Latest reply

Of course there are no import fees on a $50 item so you paid pitney bowes for nothing!!

Message 5 of 113
Latest reply

I read it as a question about the whole process. If the GSP had not been added by ebay to the listing I would not have been able to buy it and Pitney sent it over here where as the seller only had postage for USA. They charged a similar amount that I have paid via USPS for one racquet but the sellers postage to Pitney made it higher than normal but some sellers charge more than reasonable anyway so worked out for me. There were reports initially that Duty and GST were being charged by GSP sent items because the bundled shipment was over $1000 but they seem to have worked that out.
Message 6 of 113
Latest reply

Hey BW - eBay's Global Shipping Program sucks to put it mildly and succinctly - I have now been waiting 21 days for an item to get here and I am still waiting !!!! Even the tracking advice is pathetic - when I go to track my item the advice is dated October 20, 2013 and is showing the item as being "in transit" - HOW LONG CAN AN ITEM BE IN TRANSIT FOR ???????????

WHEN I PURCHASED AN ITEM FROM THIS SAME SELLER IN EARLY OCTOBER AND THEY USED STANDARD USPS, THE ITEM WAS ON MY DOORSTEP IN AUSTRALIA WITHIN 7 DAYS.

I WILL NEVER AGAIN PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM AN eBay SELLER WHO CANNOT OFFER ME AN ALTERNATIVE POSTAL SERVICE OTHER THAN eBay's Global Shipping Program - this is a wrought because the parcel now has to go through several different hands befor eit even has a chance to leave the country of origin to the destination country.

EBAY NEEDS TO HAVE A GOOD LOOK AT THIS SERVICE BECAUSE IT IS NOT REALLY A SERVICE IT IS MORESO A TOTAL DISSERVICE TO ONE AND ALL. 

Message 7 of 113
Latest reply

I would send an email to eBay stating in detail your dissatisfaction with the service.

If they get enough complaints they might do something about it.

If I see Global Shipping Program, I now ask the seller if they would be willing to post the item themselves if I am seriously interested.

Otherwise I just find another seller.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 8 of 113
Latest reply

Hey amber eyed girl - I have written to eBay and gave them a mouthful with regards to their Global **bleep**ting Program.....sorry, spelling mistake !!! 🙂 eBay's Customer Disservice replied with the usual BS so I decided to unload on them with all barrels in retort to their excuse laden reply. Funny enough, I got a reply within a few hours ( NOT THE USUAL WAIT OF 24 to 72 hours) - they were apologetic and offered to help expedite my refund because I opened a claim through Paypal - eBay really need to take stock of their use of this useless Shipping Program because Pitney Bowes is about as useful as " **bleep** on a bull " and eBay is making it difficult on both the seller and the buyer - BUYERS AND SELLERS ARE EBAY AND IF ENOUGH PEOPLE SPEAK UP AND VOICE THEIR CONCERNS THEN PEOPLE POWER CAN BRING ABOUT CHANGE - things do get better by chance, they get better by change. BE HEARD FOLKS - cheers n beers
Message 9 of 113
Latest reply

And eBay even has the temerity to censor my previous post because I wrote " T. I. T. S. on a bull " and also misspelt Global S h i t t i n g Program - how very precious of them !!!!
Message 10 of 113
Latest reply