How can i have a case opened on me they say that i have not paid for the item when i have 7 days to

i bought an item and the opened a case on me saying that i have not paid on time and on their page it said i had 7 days to pay i will not be nbuying of these people again

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: How can i have a case opened on me they say that i have not paid for the item when i have 7 days

You have 4 days from the date they opened the dispute to pay so just pay within that time and they can not give a non payer strike.

Send them a message to advise what day you will be paying and remind them of them saying they allow 7 days to pay.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Re: How can i have a case opened on me they say that i have not paid for the item when i have 7 days

They are still giving you 7 days, in fact they are giving you 8. they can open a dispute if they want on day 4 and as long as you pay before the end of the 8th day the case will be closed without you getting a strike.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

I would think that if in there listing they said 7 days they would wait those seven days before opening a dispute. If I was the buyer I would see that as rude and save them to myebay list of sellers with a note rude seller so I remember not to use them again

When life gives you lemons.
Squeeze them into people's eyes
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

JMO but even though seller states the following

Payment must be received within 7 business days of auction closing

You have purchased 12 very cheap items in last 30 days so I don't understand why you would need 7 days to pay $8.54 in total.

It's also a buy it now item with more than 10 available so there was no urgency re your purchase of an ipad cover from Hong Kong that will take almost a month to arrive anyway after you pay was there ?

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

@belindabargainhunter wrote:

I would think that if in there listing they said 7 days they would wait those seven days before opening a dispute. If I was the buyer I would see that as rude and save them to myebay list of sellers with a note rude seller so I remember not to use them again

not necessarily Belinda,a savvy seller would open a disupte on day 4, and if they didnt pay by day 7, then on day 8 or 9 you could close the dispute, and relist.   if the seller waits until the 7 days are up, then they still have to wait another FOUR days before they can open/close dispute and relist,  to save time, open on day 4, no payment by day 8 you can relist without loosing tooo much time.

but as foxette says, why wait a week to pay an invoice under $10?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

bigsexymama,

if you can't pay that pitiful amount instantly (7 day payment shouldn't even be an issue), I somehow don't think that your seller will be too heartbroken if you never shop with them again.

And to think that YOU are  angry enough to take the trouble to complain about it on the boards - sellers have to put up with enough already, waiting for payments for 8 days for no good reason.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

If this particular seller is impatient they should state they need to be paid within 4 days ( which is reasonable because a Paypal payment can be made within a few minutes ) and not open a dispute before 7 days have passed.

Tramps like us,
Baby we were born to run....

Bruce Springsteen
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

@jameshouseofstyle wrote:

bigsexymama,

if you can't pay that pitiful amount instantly (7 day payment shouldn't even be an issue), I somehow don't think that your seller will be too heartbroken if you never shop with them again.

And to think that YOU are  angry enough to take the trouble to complain about it on the boards - sellers have to put up with enough already, waiting for payments for 8 days for no good reason.

By the way January the point is that the seller gives buyers 7 days to pay so your comment is irrelevant. It isn't your place to pick on BSM just because you want to.

Tramps like us,
Baby we were born to run....

Bruce Springsteen
Message 9 of 9
Latest reply