How do I ask for a refund as the item that was delivered is broken

lmpal_16
Community Member

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

First contact the seller. If the seller is unresponsive, you can open a case for INAD (item not as described). You have 30 days since the last day of the estimated delivery.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

-Take photos of the broken item and send them in a eBay message to the seller explaining the situation. 
- Allow the seller 2 days to reply with a solution. 
-Acceptable solutions are: Full refund. 
                                                      : Replacement of item at no cost to you.

-DO NOT agree to send item back for refund or replacement. 
- If the seller tries to tell you to send item back before giving a refundโ€ฆthen  STOP all communications with seller and open a Item Not As Described (INAD) case in eBay. 
-Do NOT close the case under any circumstances.  In the section that asks why the item is Nat as described, explain as much as possible about item arriving broken. There should be a place to upload pics. 
-eBay will take it from there and get in touch with the seller on your behalf. 
-eBay will tell you the outcome of the case, and if successful, they will refund you. You wonโ€™t have to do anything. (Ebay โ€˜mightโ€™ tell you to return the item then, but they will ask the seller to send you a return post label) (I think ๐Ÿค”

-If unsuccessful (for whatever reason), then you can make a claim in PayPal, but donโ€™t open a PayPal claim until you come back here and tell us first, ok ๐Ÿ˜Š

What did you buy? If you have an item number (tipping) that would help us, help you more. ๐Ÿ˜Š

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

If kit's the item that the OP left a neg for, I think it's too late for ebay.

Try opening a Paypal case instead. You have 180 days from purchase for that - don't open both at once or they'll both close without resolution.

Looking at the sellers feedback, I would've hit the back button so fast I'd have friction burns, rather than buy.

High volume seller at 97.4% -  Bad news right there.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Ahhโ€ฆ. I didnโ€™t even look.  And I canโ€™t see it on the App. ๐Ÿ˜ฃ

Well, letโ€™s hope they come back before itโ€™s too late. ๐Ÿ˜‰

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Everything Jane said.

But after imastawka's post, I had a look at the seller you gave a neg to.

It seems you sent numerous messages and had no reply and if you look at that seller's feedback (which is always a good thing to do before you buy), you will notice that just in the last month, buyer after buyer has complained about the same thing, that they had no reply to messages. One buyer made the comment they had no response till they got ebay involved.

You do not need to contact the seller at all to get a refund if there is a problem. It is a courtesy to do so but if they ignore you as this seller did, always go straight into an ebay claim. You can do that independent of the seller.

If you're out of time for an ebay claim (and I suspect you are) open a paypal claim. 

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply