How do I track "multiple Carriers"??

I bought two laptops in one listing from a seller in the States, I got a tracking number that starts with UPAAB... and the carrier is "multiple Carriers",, and there was no other information or links I can click on.

From google searching, it is Ebay's own postage service or something?

My question is how do I even track it? And how reliable is this service? Why didn't the seller just use my traditional shipping company like USPS or UPS or something.

Message 1 of 48
Latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

Capture.PNG

This is all I see after I click on the tracking number.

Message 21 of 48
Latest reply

OK, it should have reached Erlanger KY by now so it looks like someone has forgotten to scan it in.

Don't blame the seller though....it is obvious that it has been sent and as far as I am aware he can not track it any further than Erlanger.

I am not sure that you can open a dispute until after the last estimated date for delivery.

Message 22 of 48
Latest reply

Did you check that sellers feedback before buying? It's pretty atrocious! My guess is, it's still sitting in Kentucky and GSP will send it when good and ready. That's no fault of the seller, blame Pitney Bowes. They are the ones responsible for the delays in shipping.

The seller may have opted to use GSP for this item because it's actually cheaper (for the buyer) to send heavier items via the GSP. Maybe this particular item was just under the weight where it works out cheaper.

Message 23 of 48
Latest reply

Why are you guys keeping on emphasising the seller is not responsible? The seller chose to use an inferior service at the expense of my time and anxiety because it was probably easier for him.

I am the customer, the seller is there to serve me and make my life easier not his.

Now I am wasting my time posting on eBay forum, contact the seller and still have no idea why my goods are.

Someone has to pay for this.
Message 24 of 48
Latest reply

How is it the sellers fault? They have fulfilled their part of the contract, they have posted the item. What happens to it after that is completely out of their control. What part of that don't you understand? If the item doesn't arrive, open a dispute. You obviously know how to do that already.

The seller is not there to 'serve you'. The seller is there to advertise items and then post them when you paid. End of story. Talk about a sense of entitlement.

Message 25 of 48
Latest reply

Then don't be surprised if someone left you a negative feedback when something goes wrong because you only fulfilled the minimum contractual requirements. It's does hurt to be nice and bit more caring to buyers. I mean why be so neglectful and when something goes wrong there is always paypal dispute? Sure, the buyer will get their money back, but the time wasted on both sides, it's just not worth it. Sellers just be a bit more caring.

When I sell, I always make sure I do my best to serve buyers, my employers etc. Afterall they are all my clients and I'm there to serve.

Message 26 of 48
Latest reply

Also, if the seller did his best in shipping, then I as a buyer will be more lenient with the item as describe.

If he waste my time like he is now with the GSP bullcrap, then I'm will nickpick every single fault there is on the item, open paypal disputes and give negative feedback, waste his time and energy. See, I don't have contractual obligation to be nice either. 

As they say what goes around comes around.

Message 27 of 48
Latest reply

Given that I don't have any negative feedback and never had a dispute opened against me, then it's not really an issue for me. Obviously I'm doing something right. I THREE issues that I've had, which were minor, were sorted out when the buyer sent me a message. No dispute was needed. 

I know that at the moment it's taking 3 weeks to get mail from NSW to Vic. Therefore, I send my Victorian buyers a message and tell them that is what's happening. My bueyrs appreciate that I communicate with them, so if there is an issue, they are happy to communicate back, in a pleasant manner and then don't feel the need to trash my feedback due to something out of my control. In fact, the 3 issues that I rectified, the buyers all left glowing feedback and 5 star ratings.

It's not hard to be nice to sellers, same as it's not hard to be buyers. Some buyers are just on a mission though and don't care who they trash in the mean time. You do what you have to do. Leave negative feedback and whinge about the GSP. Open a PayPal dispute, go your hardest. That seller already has atrocious feedback, I doubt one more is going to affect him too much. You were the one that chose to use that method of shipping, so you are as much to blame, whether you believe it or not. You could have bought from someone else who didn't use it. 

The GSP is not a new thing. How experienced people can still be getting caught is beyond me.

Message 28 of 48
Latest reply

[URL=http://s1150.photobucket.com/user/FinancialWar/media/Capture_zpseeb5b79d.png.html][IMG]http://i1150....

How long do I have to wait now given it's finally in processing hub.

Message 29 of 48
Latest reply

Capture.PNG

Now it's in kentacy, how long will have to wait until the item arrives?

Message 30 of 48
Latest reply