How do i find out where and when a refund has been processed to.

clear-concept
Community Member

Have a message saying that an item has been refunded. where do I verify that this has actually been refunded? Are there any details on a page somewhere of refunds or is there a confirmation stating where it has been refunded to.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Was the message from eBay or from the seller ?  If it's from the seller then be aware that sellers often claim a refund has been made when it hasn't, to encourage the buyer to close any dispute they may have opened, once closed a dispute cannot be reopened.

Funds will normally go back to the original funding source (bank A/C etc).

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

The message was from ebay and it also said that the request was automatically closed

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

How did you pay? You should check the original funding source, as padi said, but be aware that with credit cards it can take a few days.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

I am not sure how I paid - That's why I was trying to find out if there is a confirmation when and where it would be going to.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

If you used paypal you should be able to find the transaction and it will say that the transaction is reversed.

The refund will go back to the funding source if you used a credit or debit card.

If you used a bank account the refund will stay in your paypl account until you manually transfer it to your bank account.

If you did not use paypal I really cannot help except to say keep checking your card statements until the refund appears.....anything from 3-8 days.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply