How do you report fake bidding?

I was hoping to buy an item from a seller but when I looked at the bidding on the items I don't think it's fair.

Bidders record:

30-Day Summary

Total bids: 141

Items bid on: 51

Bid activity (%) with this seller: 100%

Bid retractions: 0 Bid retractions (6 months): 0

The item I wanted was relisted due to "a time waster" (see above bidder details)

That time waster still made bids on the relisted item (which I did not attempt to buy)

The buyer & seller  have left FB occasonially

How do you stop this??

niffy

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

If you suspect shill bidding then report the listing.If they are shilling they are not very good at it if they are winning the items, the idea is to up the price to somebody else.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

To report shill bidding:

Click on Listing practices > Fraudulent listing activities >
Seller is using other accounts to inflate item price > Continue > Send Report.

On the listing page of the item you are looking at go to and click on Report Item,
(under Other item info which contains the item numbe)r

Click on the arrow on the box,(it will bring up a drop down menu).

In the Report Category box click on: Listing practises

In the Reason for Report click on:  Fraudulent Listing activities

Then for Detailed Reason click on:
Seller is using other accounts to inflate item price.

Then click on continue.

Then once the next screen with the item number comes up click on: send report.

Only IF Ebay can find a direct connection will they take action.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

iamipa
Community Member

Hi all,

On a similar situation to that below, the following concerns fraudulent sellers and listings:

There have been a number of camera lenses, computer peripherals and maybe other items listed on ebay.au and elsewhere by sellers in the Phillipines.

These sellers typically have 10 "feedbacks" for small purchases from "buyers" with zero feedback or who are no longer registered. The items for sale are usually advertised for a fraction of their usual price on ebay, often for amounts of AUD$99 or AUD$79.

Those who are tempted to buy apparently receive nothing.

It's the old adage at work:

"If it seems too good to be true, it probably is!"

So, ebay buyers beware!

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

apache929
Community Member

, ive been following a particular item for 2 months now, there are 3 different sellers, two are definately the same company as they advertise their address, the other one has private listing bidders, and without fail there is always some bidders with minimal transactions and its the same ones each time, ive reported many times,but nothing happens, you just need to be patient and hope you catch the item on the off chance they have slackened off

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

You have to remember that it takes time to shill bid, especially if there are a lot of items for sale. In many cases I doubt that there is some employee who's job it is to bid on their employer's stuff. They'd have to be making a lot of money in additional sales to justify the labour charges.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply